Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
on line
15,651 Posts
You just want to coils or the shocks too?

I have the coils, if that's what you are looking for. $10 + shipping from 15235.

·
on line
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just the coils. i was doing research and the picture i showed you for the rancho coilover shock is correct but that is using the stock coils.

anyhow, my plan is to get an extra pair and get them painted with either caliper paint or powdercoated red. once i do the lift i will swap out the coils and then just sell the oem ones i have originally.

that way i have "cool" new red coils to go with the new shocks. pm me an address and i will make payment right away with paypal. my zip code is 90012

·
on line
5,614 Posts
KillJoy LosAngeles said:
anyhow, my plan is to get an extra pair and get them painted with either caliper paint or powdercoated red. once i do the lift i will swap out the coils and then just sell the oem ones i have originally.
I do a lot of powder coating so I'll share some experience here; your powder coater needs to have your coils in bare steel. Sandblasting or soda blasting will take off regular paint. If the OEM coils are powder coated you'll have to burn off the paint (kinda expensive) and then you risk the chance of changing the metallurgy of the steel which may effect the spring's characteristics. When they are down to bare steel try to not touch them with your bare hands. Sometimes the oil from your fingers will affect the adhesion. A good powder coater with give your parts a pre coating bath with solution but you just want to make sure anyhows.

regards

·
on line
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
any experience in caliper paint kahuna? it seems that might be the alternative i will be going with.

·
on line
463 Posts
If you're stil looking, Mine are in a huntington Beach garage !
Let me know,,,PM me ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts