Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

do you have an old nintendo or super nintendo laying in a box in the basement, all cold and alone? I bet the games are feeling very neglected...

let me know! I'm trying to get my sons set up for some classic gaming.

NES games I'm looking for:

Legend of Zelda - Outlands

SNES games I'm looking for:

Super Metroid
Street Fighter II
F-Zero
Megaman X
Secret of Mana
Super Mario World found
Super Mario Allstars found
Super Mario RPG - Legend of 7 Stars
Super Mario Kart found
NBA Jam
Legend of Zelda - Link to the past found
Legend of Zelda - Zelda BS
Legend of Zelda - Goddess of Wisdom
Legend of Zelda - Parallel Worlds
Legend of Zelda - Ancient Stone Tablets

Also looking for SNES authentic controllersfound, a Super GameBoy, and maybe even a system found if you have one in good shape.

i'll be adding and removing games from the list as I think of them and find them.

·
Registered
514 Posts

do you have an old nintendo or super nintendo laying in a box in the basement, all cold and alone? I bet the games are feeling very neglected...

let me know! I'm trying to get my sons set up for some classic gaming.

NES games I'm looking for:

Legend of Zelda - Outlands

SNES games I'm looking for:

Super Metroid
Street Fighter II
F-Zero
Megaman X
Secret of Mana
Super Mario World
Super Mario Allstars
Super Mario RPG - Legend of 7 Stars
Super Mario Kart
Legend of Zelda - Link to the past
Legend of Zelda - Zelda BS
Legend of Zelda - Goddess of Wisdom
Legend of Zelda - Parallel Worlds
Legend of Zelda - Ancient Stone Tablets

Also looking for SNES authentic controllers, a Super GameBoy, and maybe even a system if you have one in good shape.

i'll be adding and removing games from the list as I think of them and find them.
You ARE aware that Outlands and 4 of the 5 SNES Zelda titles are all not official games, right? They are hacked and modded versions of The Legend of Zelda and Link to the Past, respectively. AFAIK, none of them are much more than 5 years old. The chances of anyone having those hidden away in boxes from their youth are almost nil. I mean, I wish you all the luck in your quest, and in fact those 5 games are the only ones on your list I don't have in my collection, but I really doubt anyone here will have them or be willing to part with them. I'm certainly not paring down my collection any further.

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You ARE aware that Outlands and 4 of the 5 SNES Zelda titles are all not official games, right? They are hacked and modded versions of The Legend of Zelda and Link to the Past, respectively. AFAIK, none of them are much more than 5 years old. The chances of anyone having those hidden away in boxes from their youth are almost nil. I mean, I wish you all the luck in your quest, and in fact those 5 games are the only ones on your list I don't have in my collection, but I really doubt anyone here will have them or be willing to part with them. I'm certainly not paring down my collection any further.
yeah, I know that. But you never know! There was a guy on nintendoage that found a copy of Zelda BS at a garage sale $5.

I thought I'd throw it out there just in case. I still can't get over how expensive some of these games are getting now!

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
If you have a Wii, quite a bit of those games are available on the Nintendo store.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I have most of what you're looking for but I'm not selling anything. I got most of my stuff from ebay. if you keep your eyes open you can get some nice deals

·
Registered
514 Posts
yeah, I know that. But you never know! There was a guy on nintendoage that found a copy of Zelda BS at a garage sale $5.

I thought I'd throw it out there just in case. I still can't get over how expensive some of these games are getting now!
OK, cool. Just want ed to make sure you were aware. I was having a similar discussion with some young lads at work who were convinced those were official Nintendo games because someone had gone to the trouble of printing new labels for the carts and everything.

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
232 Posts
If I get the time in the next few days I will try and go through what I have. I pick these systems up all the time at estate sales and auctions and have about 10 of them just haven't tested them all out yet.

A good place to check in you area would be the local pawn shops found a few on google not far from you. Go in talk to them and see what they have if they don't have anything leave your info with them and tell them to call you if anything comes in.

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i didn't even think about pawn shops, good call!

and thank you to everybody else for the help.

I think i found a 1chip system, oem controllers, oem power adapter, and svideo cable. I'll eventually do the RGB mod on it and get a scart cable and hdmi adapter.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Do people really play the old games anymore? I mean like legit play them.

I'm a child of NES/SNES, and every so often over the years I get a twinge to play an old game. So I understand the nostalgia. I'll plop down $10 bucks for a Wii NES game or get a ROM for free, but I can't get them to keep my attention. At least not beyond the "wow I remember this" factor. I'm too spoiled by the Xbox now. I couldn't imagine hunting for these games and spending good money on them.

No offense. I'm genuinely intrigued. I mean there's enough demand that there's an entire market for them.

·
Registered
822 Posts
I still play my Sega Genesis from time to time. NHL95, NBA Jam and the original Mortal Kombat are still fun games. I have that, the original Xbox and 360 with Kinect all hooked up to the same tv in my basement haha.

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Do people really play the old games anymore? I mean like legit play them.

I'm a child of NES/SNES, and every so often over the years I get a twinge to play an old game. So I understand the nostalgia. I'll plop down $10 bucks for a Wii NES game or get a ROM for free, but I can't get them to keep my attention. At least not beyond the "wow I remember this" factor. I'm too spoiled by the Xbox now. I couldn't imagine hunting for these games and spending good money on them.

No offense. I'm genuinely intrigued. I mean there's enough demand that there's an entire market for them.
yeah, I actually enjoy some of the older games. I'm in the middle of the Adventure of Link right now on NES. there is a nostalgic draw, but some of the oldies are damn fun. especially when you get a group of people together. RBI Baseball, mario Kart, street fighter II, Goldeneye, Contra, etc...

I don't have a wii. I never enjoyed the motion control or the controllers in general. And my softmodded xbox can run roms. I would rather play them on the original systems.

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1 - 18 of 18 Posts