1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Been Searching

·
Registered
278 Posts
just gonna rub it in. A guy in my local club just sold me a set of '06 headrests for $50.

Find someone who is parting one out and ask.

·
Registered
546 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
There’s a set at my local yard. Didn’t know there was a market for these guys. Victory auto wreckers in Chicago if anyone is local!

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Confused, are these desirable for some reason?
Desirable to some, preferred by others.

For several decades, groups such as the NHTSA only tested front and side impacts on the driver and front passenger. During the mid 2000's there was a push to test rear passenger safety as well.

I suspect Nissan recognized the need to make a change in their rear head to meet the upcoming mandates.

Needless to say, the change in headrest was that of a larger design which can block your rearward viewing.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Desirable to some, preferred by others.

For several decades, groups such as the NHTSA only tested front and side impacts on the driver and front passenger. During the mid 2000's there was a push to test rear passenger safety as well.

I suspect Nissan recognized the need to make a change in their rear head to meet the upcoming mandates.

Needless to say, the change in headrest was that of a larger design which can block your rearward viewing.
Also, You HAVE to remove the big headrests to fold the seats flat, with the smaller ones you don't

·
Registered
348 Posts
Great idea. I nearly never have mine installed because lowering the seats so often.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts