Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a good deal on a 2011 xterra s and need a hitch (with or without wiring) so we can tow the camper. Would also like a set of fog lights for the front - local shop says oem are the only ones that will fit correctly ...... Can pick up within reasonable distance. THANKS!!

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I suggest to add the 7 pin wiring harness, depending on the size of the camper it helps a lot especially if your camper has brakes, you are going to need to add a towing brake controller. Also, You are going to need to beef up the rear suspension because our trucks rear end will sag with little to no weight added.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Towing

Shop already gave me the heads up on most of your suggestions and checked to see if I would need a better tranny cooler. Their $800 estimate for the hitch, harness, 7 and 4 pins,and electric brakes was a tad pricey. Haven't decided what type of extra suspension we want to go with. Plenty of time before camping season. Thanks!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Shop already gave me the heads up on most of your suggestions and checked to see if I would need a better tranny cooler. Their $800 estimate for the hitch, harness, 7 and 4 pins,and electric brakes was a tad pricey. Haven't decided what type of extra suspension we want to go with. Plenty of time before camping season. Thanks!
Yes, when that could be done for 300-400 from getting the parts of the net.

·
Banned
4,806 Posts
Hitch- $100 on here used
7 pin Nissan harness- $65 new
7 pin to 4 pin adapter- $8 new
Nissan electric brake controller- $25-50? New

Installing all of that will take you about 2-3 hours depending on your skill level.

Hitches are for sale on here all the time, be patient for a few weeks and one will pop up. Get the OEM Nissan wire harnesses from the dealer, installation is simple.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That would be fine. Weather here has been making it the go-to vehicle for reliability and safety. My little Sentra just isn't heavy enough to deal with snow and ice. And camping is a long way off.....Thanks for the offer and stay warm!

·
Registered
2,245 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Find a tow hitch yet? I have mine $100 plus shipping
PM me

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
too many bills right now, and hubby's hours cut from 40 to 24 thanks to Obamacare.....but thanks for the offer, I'll keep you in mind

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Never got around to getting a hitch (was putting an engine in hubby's crappy Silverado)....and camping season is here now...so if you still have a hitch I'm starting to look again...thx.

·
on line
612 Posts
OEM hitch just came off my X 2 weeks ago. 7 pin wiring harness not included and the harness mount on the hitch was removed for offroading. $100 and I'm willing to meet halfway way for pickup. I'm in Maryland so I'm not too far away

Mobile post...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts