Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm wondering if anyone here has an extra pair of front recovery points, basically like what a couple different members (rockymtnx and zack_attack) have previously created.

Please pm me if you have a pair you're willing to part with.

Toby

·
Registered
104 Posts
Not sure why anyone would have “extra” recovery points lying around, but it doesn’t hurt to ask

When you get tired of waiting take a look at the habitat off-road front recovery points. That’s what I went with. They are pretty skookum I gave away my factory tow hook. Some folks install one on the drivers side to have a pair. Personally, not a fan of hooks for recovery points.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
143 Posts
Not sure why anyone would have “extra” recovery points lying around, but it doesn’t hurt to ask

When you get tired of waiting take a look at the habitat off-road front recovery points. That’s what I went with. They are pretty skookum I gave away my factory tow hook. Some folks install one on the drivers side to have a pair. Personally, not a fan of hooks for recovery points.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I have the same WTB ad. Seems like there are at least one or two Xs being sold every few weeks. If somebody is trading in or selling it to somebody that won't use it, the recovery points won't add any value, but they can unload them here for decent change.

The Habitat ones are nice but expensive and only sold as a pair. Personally I'd be open to just getting one for the driver side and using the passenger hook only as a last resort.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the same WTB ad. Seems like there are at least one or two Xs being sold every few weeks. If somebody is trading in or selling it to somebody that won't use it, the recovery points won't add any value, but they can unload them here for decent change.

The Habitat ones are nice but expensive and only sold as a pair. Personally I'd be open to just getting one for the driver side and using the passenger hook only as a last resort.
Exactly this... Sell the vehicle and part out the little things that don't add value to the sale, upgrade front bumper, etc. There's a few reasons someone might have some available.

I do have my eyes on the habitat ones, but wanted to put the ask out there.

·
Registered
143 Posts
well, here is just one. Sold singley.
Front Recovery Point
FYI for anyone ordering, last time I ordered from Nisstec by placing the order over the phone I saved over $100 in shipping because their shopping cart software is misconfigured.

For the $60 single recovery point, it's saying just under $20 for ground shipping. I haven't called to find out the actual rate.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
FYI for anyone ordering, last time I ordered from Nisstec by placing the order over the phone I saved over $100 in shipping because their shopping cart software is misconfigured.

For the $60 single recovery point, it's saying just under $20 for ground shipping. I haven't called to find out the actual rate.
Good to know...thanks for the info. I'll give them a call this week...see what they can do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts