Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need yellow and orange connectors for airbag in steering wheel, 2012 Xterra. Old ones melted... Please PM with leads.

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
Have you called Nissan? That should not happen. Or did they melt from a steering wheel mod?

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
Based on his other posts he has either wrecked it and it trying to fix it himself of he has bought a wrecked one.

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
That could be a fun project. If you had something else to drive while you source parts. I seriously considered buying a new 2012 Pro-4X that was at an auction from a flood at a dealership in North Carolina. Didn’t have any body damage in the pictures, would have gone to look at in person first to see what it needed.

·
Registered
893 Posts
The clock spring should be replaced in the event of an airbag deployment. If the connectors melted as a result of that, then a new clock spring would come with new connectors.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep the airbag blew. Apparently that creates a lot of heat where the leads connect to it. The wires themselves are fine, but it's impossible to remove the orange and yellow end connectors (plastic terminals) without breaking them because they melt on impact. I looked at a few other Xterras and Frontiers with blown airbags and they're all the same. So they would have to come from a truck with the airbag still intact.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wouldn't personally buy a flood loss vehicle because you don't know what you're up against... With an accident loss at least you can see everything right in front of you. With this truck I changed out a leaf spring and a CV axle and it was back on the road. I'm fixing the rest as I drive it.

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
So you need the connectors in the steering column that go from the clockspring into the dash?

Like the ones in this picture?

This X was a roll over, no airbag deployment.

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
So you need the connectors in the steering column that go from the clockspring into the dash?

Like the ones in this picture?

This X was a roll over, no airbag deployment.
hey, i need a new gear selector. looks like it's on this truck. Any idea how much they'd want for that? just the plastic part and the plastic guts. I broke a tab in mine and now the truck won't go into 1st gear.

Here's me
:withstupid:

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
ah I see now $7 on eBay looks I pass by this company a couple times a week, never knew they were there.

www.ebay.com/itm/181209347395

hey, i need a new gear selector. looks like it's on this truck. Any idea how much they'd want for that? just the plastic part and the plastic guts.
If I recall the one in that truck is bent. It rolled onto the right side. Looks like the driver might have landed on it or stepped on it trying to get out. But I will check the other 2 out there and see what I can get it for. There are 3 2006 S models Oddly they’re all knight armor.

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
ah I see now $7 on eBay looks I pass by this company a couple times a week, never knew they were there.

www.ebay.com/itm/181209347395

If I recall the one in that truck is bent. It rolled onto the right side. Looks like the driver might have landed on it or stepped on it trying to get out. But I will check the other 2 out there and see what I can get it for. There are 3 2006 S models Oddly they’re all knight armor.
cool. I am looking for the plastic part that shows what gear you are in, not the lever/rod/handle thingy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts