Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
on line
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got the call...They are ordering a new axle and driveshaft..i think i am gonna puke...

·
on line
1,407 Posts
Just make sure everything looks good, aligns good and drives good.

·
on line
2,081 Posts
Talking of rear spring packs. Notice alot less people in 06's and 07's complaining about the bottoming out? I think they already made a 'quiet' upgrade to the spring rate on the 06's / 07's. A few local guys have 07's here in AZ and have said they only felt it bottom out maybe once or twice when off road. 05's bottom out if you drive over a small pot hole.

·
on line
735 Posts
RiNkY said:
Talking of rear spring packs. Notice alot less people in 06's and 07's complaining about the bottoming out? I think they already made a 'quiet' upgrade to the spring rate on the 06's / 07's. A few local guys have 07's here in AZ and have said they only felt it bottom out maybe once or twice when off road. 05's bottom out if you drive over a small pot hole.
I might have to poke my head under the back of an '07 next time I find myself at the nissan delear.

·
on line
589 Posts
Not to hijack the thread too much, but I have a thought or two on this. With my 05, I was bottoming out all over until my mods. With my AAL and shackles, plus the Rancho 9000x's I haven't bottomed out once over the same spots I always had problems with.

·
on line
2,081 Posts
Maybe it's the 07's that have the fix - rather than the 06's.

·
on line
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I"ll split the 10 years for arson and insurance fraud with you!Give me a dragonplayboy tee-shirt and a maslk!I thought about the same thing,,but the whole Karma factor...Insurance and body people ASSURE ME(?) it will be perfect,,not just looks but drive as well..A whole series of diagnostics and lifetime gaurentee ,we will see.

·
on line
134 Posts
Yeah, good luck with that. I'm sure they'll do a fine job but the rig will never be the same. I was impressed overall with the work done on my truck but there are a few very minor things that I notice.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
RiNkY said:
When I broke my leaf spring over the summer I could not get a replacement from Nissan because the part number changed and they removed the old part number from inventory. They had no inventory of the new part.

·
on line
2,081 Posts
kokopop said:
RiNkY said:
When I broke my leaf spring over the summer I could not get a replacement from Nissan because the part number changed and they removed the old part number from inventory. They had no inventory of the new part.
I say that's proof enough to say they remanufactured the part. Shame they don't recall the older X's and replace, not a safety issue tho I guess.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts