Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a set of Wrangler DuraTrac tires put on the Xterra today. I stayed with the stock size for fuel and braking efficiency (26575R16). Have to say I like the looks of them.

I'm off to the hunting camp in the early morning for the projected peak of rut (deer) this season (KY). I will let you guys know they do. Also I will be towing a m101A2 trailer to the camp.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Very nice, but I wouldn't be biased at all.....

I'm about 16k miles into mine, still loving them. Like you I stayed with the stock size, only hit me about 1mpg or so.

Looks good, I think aggressive tires really make the X stand out as the real 4x4 it is, without them it's just another SUV.

Now, take those mud flaps and step rails off. It will look like you put on a lift kit and you won't be nearly as likely to tear anything up if you have to cross a ditch.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Very nice, but I wouldn't be biased at all.....

Now, take those mud flaps and step rails off. It will look like you put on a lift kit and you won't be nearly as likely to tear anything up if you have to cross a ditch.
I think if you don't go off-roading at least once a month you really don't need to take off the mud flaps that are protecting the body of the vehicle.... Especially if you live In an environment were snow and salt is present... Looks and function are your choice but im just expressing my opinion.. and everyone has one right!! lol

·
Registered
513 Posts
True. Also, DuraTracs aren't exactly functional, why put them on to begin with? The truck comes functional for on road use from the factory.

That said, I agree with Airmapper: loose the mudflaps and step rails! :)

·
Registered
448 Posts
I don't go offroading much like alot on here so I kept some flaps on mine. I made some flaps out of 1/4" rubber used on semi's for flaps. Kind of like a rally style mudflap. I used the old mudflaps for a stencil. I think they look damn good and they keep tons of mud/rocks off the side of the X. Not to mention they are damn near indestructible. :headbang:

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
nice tires, they look great. it's too bad my stock long trails have lasted so long, i've wanted to upgrade from the start! if you haven't taken your mud flaps off to at least clean underneath, you should. a lot of crap gets in there very quickly and will damage the paint eventually. that said, i left my off because it looks much better.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts