Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

Would you buy Nissan again?

• Yes

Votes: 102 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 19 14.0%
  • Only if they quit taking options and features away.

Votes: 15 11.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Seeing how this is a Nissan forum I am guessing the majority will say yes.

I doubt I will be a return customer due to the following.

Apparently they are cheaping out; no more cross bars, engine cover, side molding, 3m paint protection, cargo cover, tracks, cargo basket, tie downs, cam bolts etc.

Cheap interiors that squeek and rattle like a 20 year old Chrysler.

My biggest thing is that they did not recall the 2005 FSU. They finally just offered an extended warranty knowing that most 2005 guys would be beyond the mileage.

·
on line
1,142 Posts
Eh, if my gas gauge is the biggest thing to go wrong for me in 120k, I'll take that anyday.

I have a 92 maxima before this and that thing took a beating and kept pulling hard (5-spd 200 horse).

I'd definitely get a Nissan again.

·
on line
4,458 Posts
Yea so far after only 34k miles in almost 4 years with zero complaints I'd def get another one. I also have a 350Z but I'd def get another X later on if they still offer one then. Not too big a fan of the other trucks/SUV's they carry though.

·
on line
2,263 Posts
Bought my used 05 SE in 06 and I haven't had any major issues with it so far.

Most all my issues have been covered under my extended non Nissan warranty. The ones that weren't, I fixed. My dealer also doesn't care that I have a lift and other mods.

I am completely happy with my X and don't plan on trading/selling it anytime soon or until I need a truck and by that time I hope the diesel Titan is out.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I've only owned the X for a little while, there certain things I just scratch my head and think "what the hell was Nissan thinking when they designed this?". Like the sunglass holder of lack of, interior plastic (I thought it was cool when I bought it though!) front drive shaft is always a PITA, but overall I'm liking the X.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am at a 50/50 tip. My buddy has a 4.0 Toyota and absolutely drives the crap out of it. Constant redlining etc. 171K and 0 problems

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
My X is my second Nissan, we had an 01 Quest until it got wiped out by a duma$$ in a vet!Nissan makes some good stuff compaired to most of the competition! Dollar for dollar Nissan wins for me hands down.

·
on line
2,069 Posts
After this, I'm out. This is my first one, the biggest complaint I have is when something breaks, it's friggin expensive. Cats, rearend, transmission crap, and the list goes on. All I do is highway miles, I don't beat on it, don't take it off road... My father is on his third, he started with a 98 pick up (hardbody i think) drove that to 300k with no issues... and, it was a stick. His next one was a 2003 frontier, put 275k on that, but it had it's fair share of issues, now he has a 2007 frontier and like me, does a lot of Highway. He has put almost 8 grand into it for out of warranty work (only at 78k) and I have put almost 12 grand into mine (150k). My parents also have a versa, and that thing has been in the shop almost monthly since they got it. I bought the nissan because of the reliability the built over the years, but I think they have lost it since 2005, unfortunately. :shaking:

·
on line
2,081 Posts
My recent Titan purchase is my 3rd Nissan in 9 years, was gonna hop over to Toyota and if I had the extra $12k they wanted for the Rock Warrior Package Tundra I would have, but alas Yotas are overpriced.

·
on line
692 Posts
Im actually thinkin of trading in my X for a new Leaf.

YAH RIOTE..do you think im crazy. I want a Titan next...the wife wants the Armada. Decision Decision.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts