Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...to the X community if I wanted to put the wrangler's "Islander" decals on my truck?

I've always love the thought of the islander editions, but didn't want a jeep. I can still get the decals though, and was thinking about putting them on my front doors, just above the plastic, where older ones say "off road". These are the decals:

http://media.caranddriver.com/images/10q1/321079/2010-jeep-wrangler-islander-hood-decal-photo-321649-s-1280x782.jpg

That's the color of my X as well. I'm getting the matching Tiki Rear tire cover anyway.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I think it would be similar to putting a Type R sticker on your Jetta or a Vtec sticker on your BMW.

It isn't terribly offensive, but people will laugh at you.

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
The preceding posters are not necessarily representative of the entire Xterra community.

I'm all for offending the sensibilities of Jeepers, though :thumbup:

Are you simply going for an Xterra version of the above Jeep? You've got the right color and the five-spoke rims for it.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
If you were of Pacific islander decent id say go for it. Or if you were a new york islanders fan, sure. If not, id liken it the little plastic stick on pieces that people cram on their cars. We may snicker and laugh, but we will have the decency to do it behind your back.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The preceding posters are not necessarily representative of the entire Xterra community.

I'm all for offending the sensibilities of Jeepers, though :thumbup:

Are you simply going for an Xterra version of the above Jeep? You've got the right color and the five-spoke rims for it.

Pretty much. Just with the zombie apocalypse front end from Hefty, a shrock rear tire carrier and some skids. Ha, may even put the decals on my Kayak.

As long as talking is behind my back, I'll be fine with it :geek:

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
I love the tiki seat emblem Every time I see the pro-4x logo I think of the forex condoms. The Islander Jeep is the only blue vehicle I would buy. Dont know where youd stick that on the X.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was thinking tire cover on rear tire carrier, and decals on the front doors just above the plastic, Where some currently say "off Road"

·
Registered
810 Posts
Just paint it pink and put the Barbie decals on it. Much cooler.

·
on line
4,593 Posts
Just paint it pink and put the Barbie decals on it. Much cooler.
I don't know if I'm that cool.
If you're cool enough to take that joke, then, yes you are. ;)

I'm a big fan of Tiki stuff, but "islander" for an inland vehicle?
If you lived in Hawaii, or Key West etc, then sure ... but Augusta doesn't have that vibe.

We all do goofy stuff to our trucks; enjoy whatever pleases YOU.
And enjoy the behind your back snickers as well. :D

·
Registered
349 Posts
I love the tiki seat emblem Every time I see the pro-4x logo I think of the forex condoms. The Islander Jeep is the only blue vehicle I would buy. Dont know where youd stick that on the X.
Funny. You are one of the few that I have heard say that. One of the reasons I wanted to strip the Pro-4x off mine and replace with the OFF ROAD emblems. :)

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
"If you lived in Hawaii, or Key West etc, then sure ... but Augusta doesn't have that vibe."

Meh, I have that vibe. And in costal places, everyone has that vibe, its not unique.

I think i'm going to go through with it. Jeep only made a handful of them in 2010, if I hadn't said it was a jeep thing to begin with, i'm sure few people would have recognized it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts