Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have someone lined up to buy my stock rugged trails on my 2013 pro-4x. I am just wondering if you would upgrade to Dynapro ATM RF10 's in a 285/75 for around $550 including the spare. The price is the difference of what I could sell my current tires for including the spare minus the new set. This is for the LT rated tires. Anyone have regrets going to a 33 LT rated tire? Thanks for the opinions.

Paul
Posted via Mobile Device

·
on line
7,144 Posts
I'd just do 35's. you'll get there anyways sooner than you think

·
on line
10,980 Posts
Depending on tire, and whether you're an AT or MT, yes ... I've got an MT, and am on 33" Toyo MTs (255x85r16) and regularly see ~16 or so for mixed driving. I have a low of 13 from last week's snow and cold (and a bunch of in & out of 4x4) and a high of 19 from a road trip last summer (2012).

Prior to getting the Toyos, I was averaging more like 17 or 18 for mixed driving on stock tires; with lows more like 14 and highs in the low 20s for coasting back from the mtns.

Don't forget to correct for the difference in distance traveled, by going to the bigger tire.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm auto and don't have plans for full armor, just have the heftyfab sliders.
The deal I am getting from a buddy at discount is worse than the deal I can get at pep boys with their 1 tire free offer and 10% off right now. It would bring the cost down 490.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have no plans for this rig to get that crazy. This is mostly a dd and won't see a ton of miles now that I have a new work vehicle that will parked at home.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
I would only do it if you plan on doing a lot of tough trails. I wheeled mine all over CO for 2.5 yrs on 32s with no issues.

However, I'm an experienced driver and I was careful. I'm glad that I didn't go up to 33s. It wasn't worth the performance and MPG hit to me. I drive a lot and I drive spiritedly.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I would only do it if you plan on doing a lot of tough trails. I wheeled mine all over CO for 2.5 yrs on 32s with no issues.

However, I'm an experienced driver and I was careful. I'm glad that I didn't go up to 33s. It wasn't worth the performance and MPG hit to me. I drive a lot and I drive spiritedly.
Well I just thought that now would be a better time when I can get something from my stock tires. I would like to get something better for the snow and get something tougher when I do take it off-road I wont have to worry about that. I am not opposed to the 265's, but the 285's look better and give me a little more clearance.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I wrestle with this all the time. I have a 32" on road set and 33" off road set. The 32s definitely don't look as cool as 33s especially since I have a ~2.5" front and 3" back lift but I get better gas mileage, performance and handling on the 32s. Plus my 32s are good in snow and my 33s are not. I feel like one of those full size rigs with 6"+ lifts and small tires.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
A 32" tire is a good size tire and doesn't look too small on a stock Xterra. If it were me this is how I'd look at it

What are my intended uses for the vehicle?

Do I plan on lifting it?

How do I drive?

How much do I drive?

Do I care about performance?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
My dad has a 2" lift on his with 32" bfg at's and his x looks very clean and very good. they should have rolled off the factory like that. anything taller than that i would get 33's

1 - 20 of 32 Posts