1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
on line
266 Posts
at $.485 per mile i jump at any opportunity to use my X for work

·
on line
278 Posts
I don't, but I was following an X the other day that was used as a rescue vehicle, with the emergency lights on top and whatnot. Kinda neat.

·
on line
186 Posts
I'm in LA and the lifeguards have either xTerras or Frontiers, pretty cool to them runnin down the beach

·
on line
1,361 Posts
I use mine like twice a year and it's only to travel around the city...does that count?

·
on line
551 Posts
I don't (company truck) but the wife does occasionally for delivery and pick up from other clubs. And gas reimbursement is very little.

·
on line
82 Posts
Did a little last week. XM Radio + Xterra = a great work trip.

·
In Limbo
9,460 Posts
My X is my work vehicle. I usually load it up and carry a couple 100 lbs of gear in it per job. I will put the seats down and literally jam as much gear into it as will fit. I also used the hood, roof and rear cargo area with the hatch up as area to put my tripods to film off of. I have had hood mounts on the X and gotten great moving shots.

I write off everything I purchase for my truck, including tires, Shrock stuff, oil changes, and all other mod parts.

I also get $.45 per mile of reimbursement.

·
In Limbo
9,460 Posts
I am a director of photography/cinematographer. In simple terms, I am a cameraman. I work on corporate and commercial projects as well as films and music videos. For example, I have a show on HGTV right now called "Look What I Did." I shot all the episodes in PA, NJ and NY. Since I work for a ton of different companies, my work requires a lot of traveling. In turn, I end up putting a lot more miles on the X then the average person would.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts