Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

WOO~ Radflos and Dever AAL's

3K views 24 replies 11 participants last post by  IZVERG 
#1 ·
I know theres been a ton of threads of ppl getting their suspension parts but i just picked it up yesterday from PRG, should have it on by next weekend...here's the pic

See less See more
#14 ·
ok finally got these babies on....great ride like everyone says it is...not as stiff as i thought it would be....there if def uca contact when i speed over speed bumps but i know that will happen without new uca's....didnt take pics or measure the X before and after cuz everyone already knows...havent driven it long distance/higher speeds..but so far so good...thats to all the instructions and input!

#15 ·
rite on dude! How exciting! I cant wait till that day!

#19 ·
I don't know either because I haven't researched it that much but it appears that PRG sells two sets of Radflos. One designed for stock arms and one designed with aftermarket UCAs in mind. Maybe PRG sent the wrong set?

#21 ·
yes there is 2 different sets of the coilovers....ones for the stock uca and ones for aftermarket uca's....i got the longer ones just incase if i wanted to upgrade to the prg uca's so i wouldnt have to buy a new set...on a different note...it seems like the car is higher in the front than the rear like pre-runner style...will it settle or i should be looking into shackles soon?

#22 ·
I think you are the first person that has installed the longer version without new UCA's. I'm curious as to what the angle of your stock UCA's look like. With the new UCA's it is designed to make contact but with the Urethane bump stop it is not as horrible sounding as metal on metal.

#23 ·
im sure im not the 1st with the long coilovers w/o new uca's....cuz actually theres a 3rd version that even longer for ppl who have the fabtech/calmini lift kit...the angle of the uca is sloped downward like / but of course not as steep i'll take some pics this weekend when i retorque all the bolts

#24 ·
ok slight problem guys... got an alignment and the tech said that my right front shock was too stiff...is it possible that there are different pressures charged on the coilovers? and also that side was about a half inch higher..would that have an effect on the stiffness of the ride? is there a way of checking the pressure on the coilovers? i pm'ed greg but he hasnt gotten back to me yet..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.