Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have replaced my stock front speakers and tweeters with Infinity Kappas that have separate crossovers. What is the proper way to wire these to an Alpine INE-S920 head unit?
I ran new wire from the head unit to the crossovers, and then out to tweeters and doors, but for the rear speakers (which are stock) I just tapped into the existing harness. I'm getting no sound from the rears at all.
I have verified that the unit is outputting on the rear channels and that the speakers are hooked up to the factory wiring.
I don't know if my 2005 Off-Road was an RF or Non-RF vehicle, as the stock radio was already replaced when I bought it, but I do see the amp under the passenger seat, and what looks like a sub (a black plastic box) under the driver's. I doubt it was ever hooked up as there is a pair of 12" subs in the back, with a dedicated amp.
Any help, thoughts, conjectures would be appreciated!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
correct way to wire it?

Yeah, I'm not really looking to do a make-over, I just want to know how to wire what's there in the best way possible. If I can figure out how to tie in to the factory wiring before it goes to the amp, I should be good, right?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts