Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys when I get aroun to it im going to need this info, so i firgured I would ask now so I could prepare myself.

I got the new halo projector headlights and they came with some pretty undetailed instructions. So anyone who has done this.... can you help me out.

here is the one page of instructions.

So it is obvious that the plugs in the next picture just plug right into the existing headlight wireing.

But what is up with the white wires?? The instructions say to connect the black wire to the negative side of the parking lights.... does that mean that I connect the white to the positive side???

And what is up with that crap about removing the rubber grommet and replacing the bulb? It already has all the bulbs in place right, or do I have to take my headlight bulbs out and put them in the projection part of these headlights?

Any help will.... uh, er... help!

·
on line
1,977 Posts
You got that.I`m glad I decided not to tackle it.The shop I took it to installs lights on a regular basis and it took 2 guys 2 hrs. with "a lot of rewiring".I`m still trying to get a replacement resistor so my driver side LED`s will work.Where did you get yours Eddo?

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Daggonnit!! This is bad news! And I thought I was posting something stupid and easy. . . . Thank god for this site!

You would think that it WOULD be easy with those crappy a$$ed instructions! What the heck gives.

I got them off ebay, im going to have to send the seller a couple of questions now.

·
on line
339 Posts
in my experience with a set of halo projectors for a civic, the black is the ground....and the white would be the positive for the leds....you hook it up according to how you want the led ring to light up.

if you want it to light up when you turn on just the parking lights, wire the white to the positive of the parking light wire....

if you want it to light up when you turn on the lowbeams, wire the white to the postive of the lowbeam wire.

and so on for a highbeam trigger.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts