Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bought a couple of nice and bright Varad Hyperbright LEDS from ebay. I just want to hook them up so that when I turn off my X they begin to blink. I thought that I had it all figured out but wired them wrong obviously! They work just fine when the X is on but not at all once I turn it off.
What am I doing wrong here? Do I need to find a switch that powers up only when the X is off? Can I just tap into the wire that makes the alarm light blink already (in dash). Please help me out guys before I burn this mother down! I know there's a simple way but my mind doesn't seem to work that way when it comes to wiring...

Can one or all of you explain, draw, or pee in the dirt showing me how to do this please?! Thanks for any help!!!

·
Premium Member
2,299 Posts
Get one of these 5 pole relays

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151235329131 $2.84

Wire it up like this

If your X has the 2 power outlets in dash with one being constant on and the other being ignition controlled you can just tap those for 30 and 86.

For pole 87 you will need to cover it with electrical tape or a terminal connector as it will be energized when the truck is on. Or if you have something that you want to turn on whenever the truck is on you can plug that into 87 as well long as it draws less than 15amps.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Get one of these 5 pole relays

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151235329131 $2.84

Wire it up like this

If your X has the 2 power outlets in dash with one being constant on and the other being ignition controlled you can just tap those for 30 and 86.

For pole 87 you will need to cover it with electrical tape or a terminal connector as it will be energized when the truck is on. Or if you have something that you want to turn on whenever the truck is on you can plug that into 87 as well long as it draws less than 15amps.
I do have the two outlets and I'll use the 87 for one of my Otrattw switch illumination. Thanks for taking the time out to lend a hand Ramness!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts