Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
on line
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay guys, ive searched but found no answer, so here it goes...
quite a few trail pictures show trucks w/wire, cable, rope or somthing running from the bumper hoops to the roof rack and i cannot come up w/a good explanation, so...what are they and what are they for?

TIA

--aequis

·
on line
830 Posts
Tree wires. They are cables attached from usually a bull bar to a roof rack to move tree branches out of the way.

·
on line
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
great, thanks...that was actually one i thought of.

·
on line
19 Posts
Back in the over priced Rover world they were call "Limb Risers" and as goofy as the look on some trucks they do work well. I would like to see someone with a shrock bumper and a roof rack try them out. They would either look great or really dumb....

·
on line
1,208 Posts
Here is a pic with a genI with some:

And another Gen I with rope, I plan on doing this mod to mine once I get the Shrock bumper.

I think they look sweet on the X's and I bet they would look even better on the Gen II X's

·
on line
266 Posts
lifeinthesouth said:
d-rap said:
I'll borrow that Rover and try it out for the summer.
x2... i daydream about importing a defender one day.
why import? there's still plenty of used defenders available in the US from when they did sell them here

·
on line
1,208 Posts
DanielD said:
whats a defender?
A defender is a style of Land Rover, The most popular style is the Defender 90. They are also arguably the most reliable style Land Rover. I would definatly say that they are the one to take you somewhere and get back as long as its running, they are brute!

·
on line
19 Posts
I would love to have it back... I sold it about 5 years ago... I abused that truck and it held up well, however when things did go wrong the repair bill was way to high.

I think the new Gobi rack and shrock bumper would work well with the limb risers. That new rack looks much more useful than the stock rack.

·
on line
617 Posts
I have a friend that I assisted in building a very similar D90:

I had to look at it very closely, but it’s not the same one.

His (pictured above) was a 1997 D90 with dual ARB’s and all the goodies. His roommate wrecked it by rolling it on its side in the middle of a street after a minor accident. The damage was not major and it wasn’t totaled. It was fixed and resold.

The roomate's father (riding along) suffered a good gash on his head. Last I saw it, they still hadn't cleaned all the dried blood out of it.

-Old Army

·
on line
19 Posts
Old Army, I have a picture of my old rover right next to your buddies. I can tell it's his from the CB attena in the middle of the roll cage. I would post it up but i threw my photo scaner away in 97... I met him out in Moab near lion's back. I would say it's a small world but they only made 300 of the LE D-90.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts