Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
on line
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the holidays, I went camping with my two teenagers in the Ozarks of north central Arkansas. It snowed for us the first night and left us with the following images the next morning... after the 17 degree (12 degree windchill) night... It was pleasant 36 degrees this morning taking the pictures, and by noon the snow was gone.

Being a Yankee gone south, I miss the snow - a lot. I :cheers: really enjoyed this trip.

And this is our Campsite - Looking At, and Looking From... Yes, the blue spec in one of our tents...

And of Course, pictures of my baby in the snow (ok - not much snow) and Mud...

·
on line
91 Posts
Nice looking camping area. Thanks for sharing. I always enjoy all the trail post's from around the country.
A great way to see where to go next.

·
on line
638 Posts
That's awesome man.. where exactly was that? I'm in SW Arkansas and may be moving up to NW Arkansas after I graduate in May and would like to check that area out. Looks like ya'll had a great time!

·
on line
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Duckhunter71,

It's an area just about 20 miles NW of Hardy, AR. Hardy is about an hour north of Jonesboro, and about 20 min south of the MO state line.

The pictures are the Little Yellow River that feeds in the Spring River. and the property is actually Kia Kima Boy Scout Reservation. It was a 'winter camp' outing that we attend every year. This one was just kind of special due to the snow.

There are a LOT of places to hang out in Central/NW AR - especailly if you like Caving, Rock Climbing/Rapelling, white water, etc. In fact there are a bunch of parks/forrests there - Ozarks, Daniel Boone, Buffalo River, etc/etc. Not a whole lot of wheeling parks though. A good one over at Little Rock I think (trying to get there still) but a lot of back country to explore.

·
on line
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks - I hope you can get up there some time. Mountain Home is a great fishing/hiking/recreation are as well..

I just wish I had realized there was a wet spot on the lens earlier....

·
on line
638 Posts
Oh I know the area.. I've never been there but my roommate is from Pocahontas and has talked about those places before. I may be moving to Russellville or Bentonville after graduation so I plan on hitting up some of those areas for some camping and fishing.. That'll rock!

·
on line
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It really is - Full service High Adventure Camp. Climbing towers, COPE course, handgun, rifle, shotgun archery ranges, hiking, kayaking, canoeing, boat lake, sports fields - it's got everything, and it's fairly primitive too. We go once in the summer and once in the winter every year...

·
on line
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
NICE Rig. I can't say that I do, because I would remember that rig if I saw it.

You say he's an instructor at Kia Kima?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts