Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search that pulled a bunch of results but did not notice what I was looking for.

I picked up a crack in my windshield and now need to replace it. Of the few places I was able to get in contact with tonight they only offer the windshield with blue tint at the top.

A few questions, is the blue tint that noticeable? Any of you have that on a black X and can post a picture? Were you able to get a windshield without the tint, if so what company?

I'm also shoping for the best price with good customer service since my glass deductible is more expensive than the quotes I have already got.

Thanks.

·
on line
612 Posts
A few years ago I had my windshield replaced by Safelite. I think it has the blue tint across the top. I'll check in the morning and snap a pic for you.

Mobile Post...

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A few years ago I had my windshield replaced by Safelite. I think it has the blue tint across the top. I'll check in the morning and snap a pic for you.

Mobile Post...
Appreciate it. I just finally found a place that has clear but would still like to see the blue tint since I have a few options cheaper than the clear.

Safelite ftw!
I remember your safelite rear window replacement, you got good service for that. They are $70 more expensive than the next closest quote so I am not so sure on them.

I have quotes ranging from $230-$371.

·
on line
2,044 Posts
i think all the windshields come with that strip fabricated on the windshield for safety purposes..... you should consider adding the llumar air blu 80 windshield film for heat control..... you can get it from tintzoom.com for 43.00 and have a mobile tint guy install it. it has to be the best product i added to my truck 4 years ago

·
on line
22,508 Posts
i think all the windshields come with that strip fabricated on the windshield for safety purposes..... you should consider adding the llumar air blu 80 windshield film for heat control..... you can get it from tintzoom.com for 43.00 and have a mobile tint guy install it. it has to be the best product i added to my truck 4 years ago
Nope. The blue tint came on the earlier second gens, but they stopped in the newer years (from the factor at least). Just FYI

I used Speedy Auto Glass. They had a guarantee to beat Safelite by 10%.

·
on line
612 Posts
Sorry I took so long to get these pics up.

Here's a view from inside my X.

From outside. I don't have a black X but night armor is close. The blue tint is hard to see from outside.

Mobile Post...

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alright, that makes me feel better. Also good to see it comes with the third visor tinting around the rear view.

·
on line
612 Posts
Alright, that makes me feel better. Also good to see it comes with the third visor tinting around the rear view.
Before I had my windshield replaced I asked about the tint around the rear view mirror and I was assured that it would be on the new windshield but be sure to ask to be on the safe side.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
My '11 has no tint at the top except around mirror. I wouldnt want the blue stripe as it would be right aeye level

Nope. The blue tint came on the earlier second gens, but they stopped in the newer years (from the factor at least). Just FYI

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Speedy has quoted me $130 less than safelite but they can't do clear glass. May have to call the local shop to see if that is really the case. Safelite was also unable to quote clear until I called the local shop.

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wound up going with a local shop over the national companies. Paid a little more than a few of the national quotes but this shop was able to tell me if it would have the third visor( they ordered it in to check).

Going to have to get used to having the tint at the top again but it looks ok on a overcast PNW day.

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Damn thats insane. Insurance paid for mine, good thing at that price.
My glass deductible is high. In the long run due to lower premiums I have saved money even after paying $350 for a new windshield. Only problem is I spent that money on other things.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts