Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
on line
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What window visors do youse guys suggest?
I think the in-channel look better though.

·
on line
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Who's Wade?
CourtesyParts?

·
on line
1,638 Posts
I've been trying to decide which one to get too- in channel or stick on. Is one better than the other or is it personal preference?

·
on line
1,123 Posts
squawbanger said:
Who's Wade?
CourtesyParts?
http://www.wadeauto.com/application.asp?ProdId=8&1=Nissan&2=Xterra&3=05-06

I got mine on ebay but Amazon has them as do a bunch of other places. The part number for the X is 69485.

xterrock said:
I've been trying to decide which one to get too- in channel or stick on. Is one better than the other or is it personal preference?
It's probably mostly preference, but I figured the in-channel would be more secure and they look better. I had the stick on ones on my last car.

·
on line
113 Posts
I have used the stick on ones from AVS on my last 3 vehicles and have had no problems at all. And man it helps keep the inside of the vehicle cooler in our brutal South Louisiana summers.

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
I have the Wade's and they have been great. I have had them on for over a year now with no problems.

·
on line
60 Posts
i have the in-channels from avs and they are horrible. the back window ones dont hold to the channel to well and i always have to push them out alittle when closing the window.

·
on line
294 Posts
i've got weathertech in-channels on my frontier. they're nice, super low-profile and match my 20% tint really well. but i worry about them causing damage to the window track, and they add to an already large blind spot due to the wide a-pillar.

i don't like the stick-ons. my brother had stick-ons and the 3m tape wore out over time in some spots and not others. his maxima lost a visor on the expressway.

·
on line
245 Posts
i also have the wade's, and i would recommend them. my only complaint is that the visor doesn't stick out far enough to keep water out of your X with your windows down. the water drops onto the flat upper portion of the plastic door panel, but this is just because of the design of the exterior...

·
on line
1,618 Posts
nightarmor said:
i always have to push them out alittle when closing the window.
I also have the same problem with my Vent Visor in channel. I'm on my 2nd pair now(1st pair shattered from getting hit by a tennis ball and Advanced Auto replaced them free of charge) and plan on returning them. I even put shims between the window and the visor when I installed the 2nd pair, and put some JB weld in there to get them to adhere to the post. No luck. They hold just fine, but will not roll up without my help, which really sucks when I get on the highway for a 3 hour drive at 75mph, and realize that I they will not go up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts