Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I don't have these currently on my truck, but I was wondering if installing these would eliminate that pulsating air pressure noise you get if you crack the rear windows while driving? It feels like my head is about to explode if I don't roll down the front windows too! If these things eliminate that effect then that might be what I need to justify picking up a set.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
I have the weathertech window guards on my X, and still get the buffeting on occasion. I just crack one of the rear windows a little and it seems to take care of it, or if I have my dogs in the back of the truck and have the rear windows down only, I crack one of the front windows a little and it goes away also.

·
Registered
746 Posts
So, I don't have these currently on my truck, but I was wondering if installing these would eliminate that pulsating air pressure noise you get if you crack the rear windows while driving? It feels like my head is about to explode if I don't roll down the front windows too! If these things eliminate that effect then that might be what I need to justify picking up a set.

Thanks!
The pulsating is caused by wind entering the car, then hitting the rear hatch and bouncing back forward.. The only way to reduce/eliminate it is to open at least one of the front windows.

I have the vent visors on mine and it still happens if I have just the rears rolled down below the lip of the visors.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I have the AVS in channel visors and it still happens

1 - 10 of 10 Posts