Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
on line
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Nissan calls for their own specific approved window regulator grease. This is for the TSB on the window rattling. Now I know all manufactures always call for their own OEM chemicals, but Id rather do this TSB myself while I have my door pannels taken off. I feel better than having the guy at the dealer taking my pannels off and more than likely chipping my painted trim pieces.

Anywho, bad idea to juse use the white lithium grease ive been using for sunroof rails in the past? I cant see any special reason that this would be bad. The only time ive always stuck with the manufacture recommendation on chemcials is for the coolant, and tranny fluid....

·
on line
14,014 Posts
Window Regulators

I was having that same problem a lot of others are having with the new Xs, with the squeeky windows, a lot of moving around, and that god-awful cracking sound when they're rolled up all the way. Took it back to the dealership and they had to completely replace the regulators in my front windows. A day without my X, an eternity...no more window squeeks and creaks, priceless.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts