Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
on line
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an annoying window rattle when both of my driver and passenger windows are rolled halfway down and I go over the smallest bump in the road. I was told on numerous trips to the dealer that this is a "Nissan thing" and that this is normal. I recently drove in a 08 X and checked to see if it had a window rattle and it didn't. I called the dealer back and told them and they said well it is probably just for the 05's and then then Nissan maybe fixed it.

Does anyone have/had any similar problems with their X and if so was there any resolution??

·
on line
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ha Ha Thanks for the info. I should go to the dealer with a bucket full of some mud and tell them to use that to fix the problem. It will work better than anything they have done so far.

·
on line
92 Posts
I had the same rattle problem. Took it to the dealer and they fixed it right up. They greased all of the tracks for the windows and also replaced the regulator on the driver's side window.

·
on line
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I should have said that they did replace the regulators but it didn't make any difference. When the window is rolled down you can move it side to side and it seems like it is barely hanging onto to anything! Sleepy, what year is your X?

·
on line
3 Posts
Hey lumber - Same thing happens here - I'm in an '07. I just chalked it up to a design problem, but if there's a fix, I'm all ears.

·
on line
3,272 Posts
please do a search. i know for a fact that there is a thread on this topic all ready and the consensus was that a quick trip to the dealership had the problem resolved. this really affected quite a few members on this forum.

i will try and find it myself.

·
on line
1,792 Posts
I just searched the thread and couldn't find it. We need a "search only titles" feature. Anyway...

lumber, don't take no for an answer. Like Mark said, let the dealer figure it out if you're still under warranty. My '05 does nothing of the sort. A "Nissan thing." "Window rattles and we can't fix it." That sort of stuff is all about how persistent and persuasive the customer is. Dealers can stop a window from rattling or they shouldn't be selling and fixing cars. Period.

·
on line
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So is telling the dealer to grease the window the solution? I have brought this to the dealers attention about 7 times now and they always say that they can verify it and have even replaced the regulators to appease me but in the end nothing they do works. They tell me the compare it to other Xterra's on the lot and tell me it's normal.
I will call them tomorrow and tell them that I will bring it to another dealer if they can't solve the issue since it seams people have had success letting the dealer fix it.

For those that have had it fixed, besides greasing, was there any other solution that the dealer gave for resolving the issue?

·
on line
3,272 Posts
i read something about foam while doing the search. i'll try and find that again.

·
on line
1,792 Posts
Real rattles always involve unwanted space between two surfaces. The dealer would need to cushion the unnecessary space, not keep greasing the mechanism.

·
on line
92 Posts
d-rap said:
Real rattles always involve unwanted space between two surfaces. The dealer would need to cushion the unnecessary space, not keep greasing the mechanism.
As I said previously, I took mine in once for this problem and they fixed it the first time. They didn't "keep greasing the mechanism".

·
on line
1,792 Posts
sleepyt said:
As I said previously, I took mine in once for this problem and they fixed it the first time. They didn't "keep greasing the mechanism".
Alright, I hear you. I meant to sound a little frustrated at dealers in general, which I am, not at you or anyone else here.

·
on line
92 Posts
d-rap said:
sleepyt said:
Alright, I hear you. I meant to sound a little frustrated at dealers in general, which I am, not at you or anyone else here.
I totally agree with dealers being douches. The dealer I bought my X from is a total reject when it comes to service, so I just take it to a different dealer who is much better with customer service. I actually had to read them the serial number off of my hitch to get them to replace it under the recall.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts