Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
on line
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ideas or anyone ever hear about upgrading the window solenoid? I have a RX-8 and the windows are so fast up and down, I miss it on my X. Is this idea just silly and way out of the question or what?

·
on line
1,667 Posts
i dont know of anyone doing this. i always thought the windows were pretty nice except for the rattling.

·
on line
148 Posts
Nothing is too much, but this does seem a little overboard lol. Get those windows going too fast and who knows what will happen.

·
on line
112 Posts
I think its a good question. My windows seem pretty slow compared to the ol' GTI.

·
on line
443 Posts
my Maximas windows are far faster then the X's.

·
on line
874 Posts
if you change out the flux capacitor and set it to 37 gigawatts it will go up in precisley 1.2 milliseconds....

on a better note...it beats the hand crank....but yes it is slow....

·
on line
500 Posts
Glad it's not just me, but the X's windows are slow and have very primitive switching. No all up, or all down functionality, among other deficiencies.

Did I miss a quarter century some where, in that X windows are so 80's it's almost funny.

Patrick

·
on line
3,333 Posts
The windows feel way under powered to me as well. Really slow and just seem like they struggle to get the job done. I don't think I would spend the time to mod it but it is kinda annoying.

·
on line
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
THank You for noticing too- I do think it is a little to far out there too modify something like that, but maybe along the line something will come up, you never know with the way we all come up with ideal fixes, and intresting mods to make things more, well, user intense.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Well some of the guys on club frontier have modified their windows to have auto up and auto down on both drivers and passengers sides... maybe the windows go faster after that mod, and if not... then you could find a way to make them go faster along with doing that modificaiton!

Just a suggestion.

·
on line
1,420 Posts
yes....that what i want....one touch up and down....like my 350Z!

- Jason

1 - 16 of 16 Posts