Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
on line
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, anyone kno of any very low profile window flares. not ones tht stick out like 6 inches, but are close to flush with the car.
any input, and where to get them would be great
thx.

·
on line
400 Posts
JAdams said:
The first time they didn't hold well at all. I probably didn't let the alcohol dry or it was too cold when I installed them. I got some new tape and re-did the install when it was warmer and now they hold quite well.
Damn it lol funny you should say that because I, like a moron installed mine this week when it was FRREEEEEZZZZZING cold out.. followed the directions, did the alcohol application actually used extra pads not just the 2 they provided..did the 3-5 up-down window motions(actually helped the window up so it fully closes) well 3 days passed today i checked it out and for the most part it holds okay, i just hope they dont fly off when driving..but i am thinking that i will also need to redo it since when i lower the window and apply some light pressure on the visor it makes a noise as if the tape comes off..

how did u realize that it wasnt in place?

·
on line
400 Posts
JAdams said:
I heard the tape un-sticking and then I just grabbed a hold of the front one and gave it a light pull and down it came. I wouldn't worry about them flying off, they are held in with the window.
held in with the window but i worry about the rear giving way and bye bye visor (when windows are down ofcourse).. in either case as soon as it gets warm i will change the tape

·
on line
1,084 Posts
I got the wade ones and actually cracked one this past week...Trying to clean some snow off my car i hit it wit the snow brush and i'm guessing it was frozed cause of the 9 degree wheather. Vent visor cracked and will no longer hold in the window. Therefore i'm the cool guy driving around with only the rear vent visors now.

Anyone selling just the front drivers side visor?

·
on line
400 Posts
B REAL said:
I got the wade ones and actually cracked one this past week...Trying to clean some snow off my car i hit it wit the snow brush and i'm guessing it was frozed cause of the 9 degree wheather. Vent visor cracked and will no longer hold in the window. Therefore i'm the cool guy driving around with only the rear vent visors now.

Anyone selling just the front drivers side visor?
you should ask the person who broke the passanger side visor and needed to order the whole kit.. then again theres always duct tape :thumbleft:

·
on line
282 Posts
I bought these back in November but have yet to install them due to the cold weather and no access to a warm garage. I'm hoping within a month or so it will be warm enough for installation! :cheers:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts