Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gents, I just picked up my Warn M8000 and went to install it on my shrock bumper and ran into a problem. It about 2 inches too long to mount to the beam that comes across, so am I missing something? It looks to me like I'm going to have to do some work to this bumper to make it fit. Just wondering what you guys did.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
The control box (solenoid) should be removed from the winch case and relocated. SW sends a metal bar/tab that can be used to mount the box on top of the bumper. Some people choose (myself included) to extend the control box wiring and re-locate it under the hood.

The winch should fit with out an issue...just need to see what you are encountering to be able to give you advice. Only thing I can think of (with out the photo) is the thin metal bar that extends across the X that needs to be trimmed.

You are mounting the winch feet forward, right?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The control box (solenoid) should be removed from the winch case and relocated. SW sends a metal bar/tab that can be used to mount the box on top of the bumper. Some people choose (myself included) to extend the control box wiring and re-locate it under the hood.

The winch should fit with out an issue...just need to see what you are encountering to be able to give you advice. Only thing I can think of (with out the photo) is the thin metal bar that extends across the X that needs to be trimmed.

You are mounting the winch feet forward, right?
Yes I have it feet forward. At least I think so, I've already trimmed the bar. I guess I'm having an issue fitting it to the bumper. Does it mount on the 3 inch bar the runs across or down inside close to where the skid plate mounts?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
on line
4,593 Posts
SW sends a metal bar/tab that can be used to mount the box on top of the bumper.
Mine was purchased in 2006ish. That tab can be mounted inside the bumper if done carefully.

Here is a shot of the inside of my Shrock with the Ramsey REP 8.5 installed:

If you look closely you'll see that I rotated and mounted that bar sideways, and was able to make us of the holes in the top of the bumper for the remote. I made sure the box was closed up tight and have no issues since installation.

HTH

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well looks like good news. I'm retarded. Spent 6 hours trying to fit the Damn thing in and it takes 3 seconds looking at a picture to realize what feet forward ment. Thanks guys for the help. Now to figure out the pesky controller location install tool his bad boy. Lol.

·
on line
4,593 Posts
Glad you worked it out!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts