Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 Off Road Edition,

Engine will turn over but will not start on its own. If you spray a bit of starting fluid down the intake it will fire and run. Fuel Pump works. IPDM E/R has been replaced and upgraded to the new version. Once running and warm will run fine and fire back up. Once it has cooled off a bit, it will not fire.

No Check Engine Light.

But with the new installed IPDM the SLIP light is staying on.

Also in need of a Mass Air Flown Sensor?

any help will be greatly appreciated. :eek:ccasion5:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Download the FSM and follow the fuel pump circuit Starting on page 655. That's what I'm doing tonight. Truck starts if I spray startingnfluid in but pump is not priming wtf
Posted via Mobile Device

·
on line
101 Posts
I also have an '08 O/R and this has happened to me twice. FTM it's working well, but here are the symptoms. This has happened twice.

Start rig in morning and let warm up or take short drive. After turning off engine and restarting it will crank but not fire. In both situations letting the vehicle sit for about 10-15 minutes allowed the X to fire right up and no further issues for the day.

I am thinking replace fuel filter (too much 10% Ethanol causing filter issues)
Switching to 100% dino fuel from Sinclair.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I also have an '08 O/R and this has happened to me twice. FTM it's working well, but here are the symptoms. This has happened twice.

Start rig in morning and let warm up or take short drive. After turning off engine and restarting it will crank but not fire. In both situations letting the vehicle sit for about 10-15 minutes allowed the X to fire right up and no further issues for the day.

I am thinking replace fuel filter (too much 10% Ethanol causing filter issues)
Switching to 100% dino fuel from Sinclair.
Dont mean to bring this topic up from the dead, but if you still surf this forum, did the fuel filter fix your issue?

I am having this exact same issue. Sometimes it wont start after I fill up my gas.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dont mean to bring this topic up from the dead, but if you still surf this forum, did the fuel filter fix your issue?

I am having this exact same issue. Sometimes it wont start after I fill up my gas.
Did anyone resolve their issue yet?

I'm having the same no-hot-start issue but cranks hard, after a 15-20 minute drive I have to wait 10 minutes for it to cool down. Swapped relays and FP already, have a donor X with all parts that I can swap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts