Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
on line
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get all the salt and sand off the bottom of my X (due to the snow and ice we have had recently) and I do not think that the local car washes do a good enough job. So, here is my thought:

Since the temperature will be in the 40's for the next few days, I was thinking of putting the lawn sprinkler under the X for 10 minutes or so and just let it run. Can anyone think of anything that might be negatively impacted by this?

·
on line
15,651 Posts
No, actually, that would probably work well. Might not get it super clean as it wouldn't be high pressure, but you know what, I might just try that when the weather warms up a bit.

·
on line
1,407 Posts
I know people that have had good results doing that. It works really well on rock hard mud. It is a "presoak" cycle!

·
on line
134 Posts
I did just that after a spring trip through "Dry Creek" in WV. Worked well to loosen things up. Not to mention it was fun to watch the brown river rolling down the driveway.

·
on line
1,831 Posts
I do it every time I wash, which is about once a week, whether or not it's muddy. Works great.

·
on line
187 Posts
wouldn't all the salt kill your lawn?? sounds like a good idea...though...i usually just spray the bottom w/ my hose for a few mins..... while parked on the drivway

1 - 8 of 8 Posts