Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
on line
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone know the '08-'09 Pathfinder SE's illuminated steering wheel controls will for the Xterras? I love the way that they are illuminated.

·
on line
443 Posts
im sure it is higher quality materials also.

·
on line
29 Posts
Re: steering wheel controls

I thought i'd revive this thread. I was parked next to an '08 Pathy SE today, and took a look at the illuminated switches, and they look to have the same functions as ours. The LE has a bluetooth switch though, so it won't work for sure. It looks like the SE is the way to go. My only concern would be is there an additional wire for illumination, and therefore a different harness plug? If i knew they were a direct swap, i'd buy a set myself for my '07. Any parts pros out there?

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
any updates on this?

·
on line
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hopefully Brian (Jerseyparts) can chime in and actually take a look at the back of the Pathy steering wheel controls so see if there is an additional wire...

·
on line
432 Posts
Would also like to know. :)

·
on line
1,620 Posts
damn.. and I just installed the audio controls on my 4x4S that didn't have it... (just bought the audio buttons and plug and play.. works great with my aftermarket eclipse navi.. )

·
on line
443 Posts
I would like the whole assembly as it has a better feeling wheel also.

·
on line
458 Posts
Brian, you're the man.

I know for me I really want to swap steering wheels. Let's be honest the Xterra's plastic steering wheel sucks. I want a sexy leather skinned one form a Titan, with better controls....
That's funny, my X's steering wheel is leather wrapped. Is that an OR only option?

·
on line
458 Posts
I think the Titan's steering wheel is a larger OD than the X. I can check when I get home. Chances are the spline count is the same though. The only hard part would be getting the SRS and steering wheel controls to plug and play.

·
on line
458 Posts
Yeah the wheel in larger (good in my book), I would bet as well everything would line up just fine.

BUT the airbag is like 2-3x the cost of the wheel, grrrr!
The Titan's steering wheel is only 1/2" larger than my X's wheel. My wheel comes in at 14.75" and the Titan's is 15.25"... Depth is the same.

As far as the airbag, just find a totaled Titan and snag it.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts