Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really interested in a good set of component speakers for the front of my 2010 xterra. Really like the infinity kappa 60.11cs. Listed at 6 3/4 that also fits 6 1/2. Please let me know if these will for crutchfield only lists the for rear door. Thanks for any help.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
on line
4,593 Posts
Really interested in a good set of component speakers for the front of my 2010 xterra.
For the front?
The front hole is for 6x9 style speakers.

If you are indeed talking about the rear door, then the mounting hole is a slightly large 6 1/2" hole. Not sure how much as it's been a couple years since I've been back there when I installed my Infinity Reference 6.5 (don't recall the model number, but could check if need be).

Although the speaker hole is easily enough trimmed with a dremel tool, and additional mounting holes are easy to drill.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Just about anthing will fit, just depends how much time youre willing to put into it.
I was able to fit some 8" mids in my front doors, with a little big of hammer action and some baffles I made.
Those should fit completely fine in either location.

·
on line
4,593 Posts
So .... did what did you end up buying?

Future searchers would benefit from knowing if these do in fact fit.

·
Registered
19 Posts
CRUTCHFIELD dont have to buy, visit website, enter vehicle info and they will tell you what does and does not fit.
My stereo is getting upgraded today!

·
on line
4,593 Posts
CRUTCHFIELD dont have to buy, visit website, enter vehicle info and they will tell you what does and does not fit.
Based on recommended measurements from the manufacturers.

However, in reality, some speakers though measured out to say 6 3/4" by the speaker manufacturer will indeed fit within a mounting hole designated by the vehicle manufacturer as 6 1/2".

Thus the OPs (and others) question.

An analogy:
The sticker within my drivers door says that a P265/75R16 tire is what will fit my vehicle. As does National Tire, Firestone, and Les Schwab. Ever hear of people fitting LT285/75R16s without modifications? I have.

BTW congrats on your new stereo!

·
Registered
19 Posts
just trying to help lol
I found Crutchfield to be very helpful, I communicated with real people and they gave me their OPINIONS on products.
Many times they actually suggested things that were LESS $, which made me feel comfortable suggesting them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replies guys. I was originally looking on crutchfield which is where I noticed they were not compatible. I ended up going with JL Audio C3-600's.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts