Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
on line
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I go from 265/70/16 to 265/75/16 will i loose fuel economy or will the change be so small that i would not really be able to tell the difference?

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Okay yes and no.

if you get the exact same tire and go up to the 75 then you wont notice anything at all... but since you will probably buy a totally different tire, which will have a tottally different weight and load rating, AND go up that tiny amount... you might notice a little change.

·
on line
707 Posts
I think I lost a little going to the BFG AT KO's in the 265/75... but like Sex-Terra said I would assume it has more to do with rolling resistance/weight than anything. Most definitely worth the sacrifice though!

·
on line
245 Posts
you're going to have to give a little more info on what specific tire you are switching to... you could be going to anything from a highway SUV tire or a mud tire... BIG difference...

·
on line
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hehehe sorry guys, I was thinking the regular stock X tire, 265/70/16 General grabber tires to the 265/75/16 BF Goodrich All Terrains KOs

·
on line
3,262 Posts
I know that Mark (mcampana) had the stock X tires, then traded them up for 265/75/16 BFG AT's Im sure there are others but he is the only X model (besides OregonX) that comes to mind.

so asking him would be your best bet. but all in all you probably wont see too much of a difference...

Heck im getting around 9-10 mpg. So feel lucky.

·
on line
500 Posts
Everybody's different, but for me I lost almost 1 mpg.
Stock: 265/70 R16 BFG Long Trails #42 (Great road tire, but not tough enough for off road)
Current: 265/75 R16 Yokahama Geolander A/T-S #53 (Best tire ever)

I think the larger diameter and heavier tred are mostly to blame, but rationaly the %mpg decrease is almost identical to the %weight increase of the tire.

Patrick

·
on line
127 Posts
Agree with patrick07, saw pretty much the exact same decrease, about 1 mpg.. I also put the exact same tires on, I love those yokos and I got them for significanty less than BFGs. I ran the BFG AT on my pathfinder and they were toast after about 25K

·
on line
40 Posts
Ultimate said:
Hehehe sorry guys, I was thinking the regular stock X tire, 265/70/16 General grabber tires to the 265/75/16 BF Goodrich All Terrains KOs
I went from stock grabbers to 265/75/16 Mud Terrain KM's and I lost about 2-3 mpg's.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts