Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
on line
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried running theses sized with this backspacing? Those are common for dodge dakota's (they use 6x4.5" also, or 114.3mm), and american racing makes some nice wheels in that size. Also, if anyone has used that, i may even just grab up a set of old dodge wheels to use for my 2nd set of tires since they are easier to find and cheaper than nissan wheels.

Anyway, any experience or will i have to guinea pig it?

·
on line
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Shin. A friend has my old dakota 4x4. Im gonna call up a favor and test fit those wheels on the X.

·
on line
1,792 Posts
Expect caliper contact in the front. Maybe you'll get lucky, but don't count on it. Wheel after wheel that "should" fit by the numbers doesn't.

·
on line
4,495 Posts
It all depends on how the wheel mounts. Go look at your OEM wheels. Notice how the mounting flange is recessed from the face of the wheel itself? This is how it clears the caliper. Same goes for all the wheels are are known to fit perfectly, they mount the same way. Now if the flange and face are even, you'll probably run into problems.

·
on line
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input. Peck, im with you on that. If the clearance is a depth problem, a bolt on spacer would cure it. if it is a diameter problem, only 16" or larger wheels would work. I think ill try to find one to put my hands on and see if itll work.

·
on line
1,792 Posts
I'm running 3/4" adapters to make my 16x8 Pro Comp forged alloy wheels fit. Just BTW, the 104s and 105s, which will fit with spacers and maybe a tiny bit of machining, are on sale "buy two get two free" at 4-Wheel Parts. I know their sales can be bogus, but this is a real honest good deal, IMO. Their forged alloys must not be moving.

I know the machining thing may raise some eyebrows, but although they'd never admit it, I talked to a guy at Pro Comp about the details and he allowed that it "would probably be fine." I've really clobbered the wheels for 25K since putting them on and no problems whatsoever. Forged alloys are very strong--and light.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts