Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been planning this for awhile. Goal was to get max wheel travel (flex) and be completly bolt-on. Here's where we are now.
2005 Xterra off-road, 6 sp.
Procomp 6" Titan lift kit
Radflo 2.5" remote res coilovers
PRG tie rod extensions
PRG Titan UCA
Titan front diff, axles, hubs, calipers
Stillen rotors and pads
u-bolt flip (some grinding required)) uses Titan spring plates and 9/16 u-bolts
New Deaver/PRG 3" lift 2 leaf AAL
Radflo 2.0 remote res rear shocks
PRG shackles
Timbren bumpstops
OMF Beadlock wheels and BFG 315/70-17 tires. (soon to be black or blue rings)
1.5" Wheel adaptors/spacers in the rear
9.5" travel in front, 9.5" in the rear (6/7 stock)
Still need to get a Titan master cylinder, Titan swaybar and CST heim end-links. Again, no cutting at all and can go 100% back to stock. Yes there is a 5% mismatch in the front and rear gearing, but in the dirt it is not noticable.

·
on line
131 Posts
Kinda sorta but not really. It will bolt in but then you have to deal with the axles. Of course someone figured out how to make it work. HEHEHE.

·
on line
1,208 Posts
This is interesting.........Very nice looking ground clearance.

I wish you had done a thread in the project forum, or a how to since you say its all bolt on and easy to reverse back to stock.

·
on line
1,320 Posts
brutus_skx said:
This is interesting.
LOL, understatement of the year!

You da man Greg; glad to see it all finally came together... I know it's been hard to keep this "hush-hush".

These 4wd guys now have the answer to the crappy front diff in the X.

You do know what will be better than this though... Ditch that bracket lift and throw that Titan mid-travel kit on and get some better travel #'s.

·
on line
1,149 Posts
GOSH DAMN GREG! That is a bad ass truck!! I want some more info on the wheels.

·
on line
1,206 Posts
Wow looks like alot of work. I hope you do some type of a how to, a lot of us have been wanting to do the Titan front diff.

Also I am curious to how a SOA setup would look in the rear on this...

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Im looking at doing a SOA conversion as the front does sit a bit taller than the rear. But the front height is completely adjustable and I can easily crank them down a bit. I need to order a bumper from Shrockworks asap and custom sliders/steps will be done first of next week. As far as doing a pictorial, it really was very easy and took about 8 hrs. some parts were test fitted first, but the whole swap could be done in about 5 hrs with proper planning. Even with the 315's I can dump the clutch and do pretty good burnouts. im not 100% happy with the shock valving and the new rear springs, so I will get to that next week too.

·
on line
1,206 Posts
Awesome job man, I am very jealous and cant wait to see it all finished up...

·
on line
4,594 Posts
2005 Xterra off-road, 6 sp.

I have one of those. :D

That's a great looking rig Greg.

Fantastic work!

·
on line
35 Posts
LOVE the way it looks! But I still think Iam going to go with a fabtech 6" for the frontier and upgrade from there. The wider stance in the front just wouldnt work for me as a daily driver. On another note what did all this cost you?

·
on line
527 Posts
How strong is the Titan diff? Obviously its stronger to hold up to a V8 but how much stronger? Also I thought someone made gear sets for the Titan. I need to start planing my giant lift. I might do this one day instead of SAS who knows.

·
on line
3,218 Posts
Impressive work. I'd like to see video of the susp cycle if possible. The Shrock front's going to really set off the front. Way to go.. BTW, where's Eddo? Looks like he's got some competition.. ;)

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If it stops raining tomorrow, ill break out the forklift and do a bit of testing to see what kind of flex I can get. Pics coming soon.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts