Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
on line
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sister-in-law has no expeirence with any vehicle with off-road capability.

My wife went shopping with her sister and mother. And she took the X.

In the parking lot she turned hard and hit a 5 inch curb with the one of the rear wheels. Of course the wheel just rode up over the curb and when it got to the other side it rolled off the curb and the wife continued her turn.

Her sister freaked. Started hollering she had torn up the truck, tore up the wheel, flattened the tire, put the truck out of alignment, etc.

Wife turned, looked at her, and said "What are you talking about?"

Her sister replies "You tore up the truck when you hit that curb"

"No, I didn't"

"Yes you did"

"I did not. This is a truck, not a car. It is designed to be used off-road. If it can't climb that curb then something is wrong with it."

Her sister would not believe there was no damage to the X till she got out and looked at it.

She would really freak if she knew some of the places the X has been,

·
on line
298 Posts
I'm sure I'm not the only one who goes over curbs instead of around them. I also take turns too tight sometimes to hit the inside. I look like I cant drive haha

·
on line
1,361 Posts
I prefer just to pull up on large snow mounds when parking instead of hitting curbs.

·
on line
4,593 Posts
I prefer just to pull up on large snow mounds

When I lived in VA I used to do this in my '90 Trooper.

Makes it easy to find as well. :D

·
on line
735 Posts
Good story... Unfortunately women like your S-I-L share the roads with us all. I bet she is the type to have a fender bender on the freeway and then leave the car in the middle while making a phone call instead of driving to the side.

·
on line
1,361 Posts
Yeller_X said:
What's snow?
It's this white stuff that can be fun but it also really really annoying at times. Often found in colder climates. One important note is if you are around snow please don't eat the yellow snow.

·
on line
230 Posts
lostboy said:
I prefer just to pull up on large snow mounds when parking instead of hitting curbs.
Used to do that as well. Me and a buddy would compete to see who could go the highest. One morning his wife called me and said, Shhhh, dont tell him but he got stuck on the pile next to our driveway last night :colors:

·
on line
516 Posts
Good story. Kind of funny too.

·
on line
1,084 Posts
Arent those little concrete things in front of parking spots meant to be driven over when pulling out?

Also in parking lots, isn't it just easier to go over dividers then wait to get out?

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Quite a few years ago I was at a BB King concert. After the show I was out in the parking lot and watched some guy in an S-10 decide he wasn't going to wait in the parking lot traffic and drive over a grassy hump between the parking lot and the main road. Needless to say he took it at a 90º angle and hi-centered. It was kind of funny watching his drunk buddies jumping on the rear bumper, while he's flooring it to get off. He did get over, one guy fell off the bumper and the truck ended up sideways across the main road. luckily he didn't hit anyone and his buddy did smash his head of the pavement.

·
on line
384 Posts
Had a co-worker think he was being funny and blocked me in with his Civic when I was getting ready to leave the office. So I just pulled forward over the curb, across about 10 feet of grass and back down into the parking lot on the other side of the median. The really funny part was he called me and said "Dude, that was awesome! You must have 4-wheel drive in that thing." Um, yea, you gotta have a 4x4 to drive over an 8-inch curb. Idiot.

Now if I can just convince my sister-in-law to take her Rubicon off-road. As I said in another thread, I think the furthest its been off the pavement was when she got the right side tires in the grass next to my driveway.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts