Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2011 Pro4x and I'm wanting a more aggressive look. Any suggestions on widening the wheelbase? Spacers? etc?

Also wouldn't mind putting a lift on it but that all depends on the costs.

I do go offroad some but nothing crazy. Any suggestions on some basic widening and lift ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
You'll have to check your local laws to determine whether or not you can run wheel spacers. That said, I believe wheel adapters (to different bolt patterns) are considered to be the exception in many cases.

Your other alternatives are wider tires, rims with less backspacing (like the Procomp 7089) or a Titan Swap (which is the transfer of Titan suspension components). If you look up Xterra_Mayo you'll see what a Titan Swap in combination with said Procomp wheels can do for a wider stance (but you'll need wheel spacers for the back).

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
You will get a lot further on this site if you search first, then post your findings (so they know you searched but just need some extra help/guidance) and ask questions for the more knowledgeable people to elaborate on to help you understand your options.

But with the question you just asked, their are a ton of options!!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Swapping out your tires will do wonders for a more aggressive look as well as making the truck more capable. If you look at my build thread, the picture of my truck with the wheels stealthed, is the combination of spacer/shackle lift, 1.5" wheel spacers, and bigger tires. The other pictures of the truck are without wheel spacers. Hope this helps and don't be affraid to search or ask questions!

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Agree'd if you want wider a titan swap (lift and wider), spacers, or new wheels are your options. The pro comp 7089 is what most of us run for wider without spacers (thats what I have).

Lift... lots of options to "xplore" here , check out the sticky threads.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts