55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We need a wave to do...so whenever we see another X we do our cool wave thinggg

like the motorcycle guys...

except ours needs to be cooler

·
on line
291 Posts
I thought the same thing when I bought a Jeep. It doesn't work. The wave works for modded vehicles. Not just for a certain model. If you really want to wave, buy a bike.

·
on line
279 Posts
Even having a bike doesn't guarantee a wave. There's been many occasions where I have been out riding (rice rockets and dual sports) and got no response.

·
on line
291 Posts
Any biker that doesn't wave should be run off the road, just kidding.

When I'm riding I always wave and I'd say 98% of the time I get a return wave or the head nod.
Both of which are acceptable, but to ignore another rider is just wrong!

·
on line
279 Posts
I think it's got something to do with this "I've got a trendy bike, I'm better than you" crap. Freakin posers. That's why sometimes I really hate L.A. Too much attitude.

·
on line
1,831 Posts
Im begining to think no other San Diego X owners do anything besides pick up groceries and drop the kids off at soccer practice. So far, I've seen quite a few around here and I'm the only one with a single modification. Everyone still has their step rails on. I'll wait to waive when I see one without them.
:)
________
Honda S800

·
on line
1,320 Posts
Im begining to think no other San Diego X owners do anything besides pick up groceries and drop the kids off at soccer practice.
same here in my neck of the woods!
yeah, i'd be doing a lot of waving for nothing because the people i see would wonder why the hell i was waving.
Of course, when i do see someone modded i will wave!

·
on line
291 Posts
lifeinthesouth said:
Im begining to think no other San Diego X owners do anything besides pick up groceries and drop the kids off at soccer practice.
same here in my neck of the woods!
yeah, i'd be doing a lot of waving for nothing because the people i see would wonder why the hell i was waving.
Of course, when i do see someone modded i will wave!
X2

·
on line
1,361 Posts
yeah, when I drove my jeep all the time, it usually only old jeeps or jeeps with mods that waved. I still waved at everyone though. I also noticed when I went back home in the small towns, everyone in a jeep waved. I think it's part of the small town community to just be a little nicer.

I'll start waving at other xterras if you start :geek:

·
on line
291 Posts
I'll do it too, but I think mostly the other drivers will think I'm flirting since more than 50% of X drivers I've seen in my area are of the fairer sex. :cheers:

·
on line
853 Posts
Syndicate said:
Im begining to think no other San Diego X owners do anything besides pick up groceries and drop the kids off at soccer practice. So far, I've seen quite a few around here and I'm the only one with a single modification. Everyone still has their step rails on. I'll wait to waive when I see one without them.
:)
Syndicate - What part of San Diego are you in? There are several of us with X's modded to some degree or another. Mine is somewhat stealth, as the Shrock sliders blend in well with the body color, and you can't see the skids. My most noticable off-road "mods" are the pinstripes from brush and rust on the bottom of the sliders. BTW, I'm off I-15 a bit north of MCAS Miramar.

Have you checked out SCCX (So Cal Club Xterra) yet? sccxterra.com Our site is having technical difficulties right now, but it should be back eventually. We've done some good runs this past year, and are getting ready for more now that the desert has cooled off. Club run this month is to Johsua Tree on 11/18. I'm working on a Sandstone Canyon trip sometime soon as well, but that one is actually stock friendly.

·
on line
1,884 Posts
I just do the Xterra Dance

<-------

·
on line
1,831 Posts
FrankB,
I live in San Marcos, just moved from Pacific Beach away from the collegiate bikini scene :(.
Yeah man, thanks for the heads up on the club. I'll check it out for sure and I'd love to meet up with you guys.
I'm an Anzaborego regular, even through the summer.
I'm not familiar with anywhere in Joshua Tree that's off-road friendly. I mostly stick to the Off-Road reserve in Anza and sometimes do some Sandstone Canyon adventures.
________
Nanni galli

·
on line
15,651 Posts
A while ago I was talking to one of the local X club members before a run (he had his Jeep) about the Jeep wave. Then we got talking about the Xterra wave (or lack there of) and he said when he first got his 03 he saw so few Xterra's that it became the "Xterra Point". Every time he saw one he would point and go "Look another Xterra". :)

·
on line
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Muzikman said:
A while ago I was talking to one of the local X club members before a run (he had his Jeep) about the Jeep wave. Then we got talking about the Xterra wave (or lack there of) and he said when he first got his 03 he saw so few Xterra's that it became the "Xterra Point". Every time he saw one he would point and go "Look another Xterra". :)
I'm always doing that...Even in class, we watched Fun with Dick and Jane, and they had one...I had to tell everyone there was a first gen x lol

·
on line
83 Posts
We definitely need a wave. I have no mods to my X but I still love it the same :). I try to waive to everyone I meet. I even park next to other X's. There are so many around my area; I only waive to second gens :).

·
Super Moderator
2,600 Posts
karrot-x said:
We definitely need a wave. I have no mods to my X but I still love it the same :). I try to waive to everyone I meet. I even park next to other X's. There are so many around my area; I only waive to second gens :).
Oh, good. I'm not the only one who parks next to other Xterras. :iconbiggrin: I purposely look for them in parking lots. But I'm not prejudiced - I wave to all X's I pass on the road.

·
TNX Administrator
20,234 Posts
Muzikman said:
I still do this today " Oooh look, another Xterra!" and I'll be pointing at it.

·
on line
1,667 Posts
ok since were are on the topic of waves and other members rides, who was at the southampton Giant today. you were maybe 4 cars in front of me at that school bus accident on countyline rd. i couldnt run through the red light like you did in order to catch up.

YOU: black offroad model
body and suspension lifts
mudders sticking 6" passed the fenders on white steelies
shrockworks everything

1 - 20 of 266 Posts