Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Who's Xterra is this? A member here? I could not find in Gallery and the user attached noted they had a pathfinder?

I am in the market for an Xterra and this is the look I am going for. I am not sure what Mods have been done. Lift? if any? What type of tires? Size etc. Do they fit without rubbing? Or Modification? What year is this, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks all.

Thx!

·
Registered
5,492 Posts
Those look like two different Xterras.

The second picture has got to be quite an old picture. I am having and brain fart and can't remember the screen name, but I remember those tires.

Either way, this link would be a good place to start with your questions. Most of us have build threads that are up to date and list all the information about our specific builds that you are asking about. I konw you said you couldn't find anything in the gallery, but if you click through these build threads and do some reading, I'm pretty sure you'll be off to a good start.
Also, as you can see in my post, many of us have the link to our build threads in the signature to our posts, so you can find peoples' build threads that way as well.
http://www.thenewx.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=50

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thx

Thanks. I removed the first pic as the second is what I am really shooting for. I am going to continue to look. Thanks again.

·
Registered
5,492 Posts
What exactly are you looking for in that picture? Just the right amount of lift that he has? the tires? the roof bin? Just curious as most of what he has going on there is pretty standard to MANY of the build threads you'll find (shrockworks front bumper, yakima roof basket, shovel mounts, roof lights, stealthed rims, larger tires) With the nissan Xterras (myself included, that's about as exact a description as telling the police that a robber was a man with a mask)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is a certain visual balance I like about it. So It would be just the tire size and type. And lift if any.

Lights, shovel, etc, not important to me.

I have looked at a number of xterras with lifts and mud tires. This one just had a "feel" to my eyes that felt right.

Maybe thats sounds odd...

Im not a hard core off roader. Would be building the truck for looks and occasional access to a few fishing spots.

Goal is to take a stock exterra to that visual look.

·
Banned
1,279 Posts
whats your budget?

if you want that look, and not really out for offroad, get a spacer lift for the front 2.5", get rear shackles for the rear, max lift 2".

now if you also want the front shrockworks bumper, thats gonna get expensive, the bumper alone is $1000. then you will have to upgrade the suspension to handle the extra weight. thats $500 to $1000 for new coilovers depending if you go with ome or adjustable coilovers like radflo.

tires, get some 285/75/16 mud terrain tires.

done! :D

·
Registered
6,919 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
There is a certain visual balance I like about it. So It would be just the tire size and type. And lift if any.

Lights, shovel, etc, not important to me.

I have looked at a number of xterras with lifts and mud tires. This one just had a "feel" to my eyes that felt right.

Maybe thats sounds odd...

Im not a hard core off roader. Would be building the truck for looks and occasional access to a few fishing spots.

Goal is to take a stock exterra to that visual look.

Welcome from Denver! I too was in the same boat, I purchased an Xterra for the basic ruggedness of it, not a bells and whistles kind of guy. Then I joined this forum just to help see what "basic" mods were available etc., and that's when I saw how bad [email protected]# these trucks can look. I have now sunk about 1700 bucks into it, got the bumper, sliders, Gobi ladder, and roof basket (Kuat), and stealthed my wheels, tinted my windows, etc. Now saving for the tires and lift. Then I will have a killer ride that will take me basically wherever I want to go (not an insane rock crawler).

Also, like most of the other guys will post on here, go to a mod day (which I have not been able to do yet) and you will get to see rigs in all different levels of mod. From insane suspension setups to spacer lifts. Then you will get to see how far you want to go with your ride. Have fun modding!

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts