Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
on line
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight I went to a softball game and parked on the side of an empty, steep, grassy lot with my front end pointed up. As I was leaving, I goosed it a little to climb out of the little incline and heard a 'thunk' noise. I figured it was my steprail hitting the side of the road or something not to worry about. About half a mile later I re-positioned my hand on the steering wheel and realized my ebrake was still on! Doh! I never use it, but did tonight since I was parked on a hill. When I got home I smelled a burning smell, but it went away quickly. Think I messed something up real bad?

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Probably not, but the meat on the parking brake shoes are really thin. I have already replaced my shoes as the GF had the habit of driving around with the brake on.

·
on line
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whew, well that's good news to hear. I'm guessing the 'hot' smell is from the brake overheating from being on while driving? After realizing it was on, I disengaged it, and drove for about 10 minutes. I parked and smelled it the first time. Then I left and drove for another 10 minutes and parked and smelled it again. Maybe it just needs time to cool off...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts