Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

Who would buy a roof light bar?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
on line
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who would buy a roof light bar?

I want to get a rough number to see if it's worth making some.

·
on line
294 Posts
man that looks so good.

sorry - wont fit my frontier rack, but it's pretty bad-ass

·
on line
735 Posts
I felt kind of bad voting against, but not because your execution isn't good, just I'm not looking to do lights on mine.

·
on line
2,072 Posts
I would, but I need to get into my garage. I am looking at something for the front but not a new bumper or bull bar

·
on line
245 Posts
how much?????! the suspense is killing me. :toothy5:

·
on line
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bueller44 said:
I would, but I need to get into my garage. I am looking at something for the front but not a new bumper or bull bar
I need to get into my garage also. With the lights shown (6" KC Daylighters) and my lift I have about 1.5" of clearance going into my 6'9" garage.

·
on line
2,459 Posts
I put yes, but it would ultimately be price driven.

·
on line
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It wil probabaly happen in the spring. I'm thinking they'll cost around $130. With the numbers I'm seeing on the poll it's looking like it would be worth it.

·
on line
225 Posts
$130 seems little high to me. The reason I say this is simply because it's simply one piece of steel cut down, bent, welded, and drilled accordingly. It would not be all that hard to make one for a fraction of what you'd be asking.

To me, I'd be paying the extra (after the cost of the metal) to simply have someone else to spend the 10 minutes of measuring, 3 minutes of cutting, 5 minutes of welding and 5 minutes of drilling. With the proper tools, I'd give a skilled person to make one of these in about an hour or so. Mounted with lights on it in an hour and a half (not wired)

I hope this doesn't get taken the wrong way at all. I don't mean to offend, it's just one opinion that hasn't been stated yet. If people are willing to pay $130 for it... then you have one money making opperation. Especially if you make yourself a jig that would make constructing one a breaze.

I wouldn't complain paying somewhere around $50 for one.

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
do you get any glare on the windshield?

·
on line
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ricky said:
$130 seems little high to me. The reason I say this is simply because it's simply one piece of steel cut down, bent, welded, and drilled accordingly. It would not be all that hard to make one for a fraction of what you'd be asking.

To me, I'd be paying the extra (after the cost of the metal) to simply have someone else to spend the 10 minutes of measuring, 3 minutes of cutting, 5 minutes of welding and 5 minutes of drilling. With the proper tools, I'd give a skilled person to make one of these in about an hour or so. Mounted with lights on it in an hour and a half (not wired)

I hope this doesn't get taken the wrong way at all. I don't mean to offend, it's just one opinion that hasn't been stated yet. If people are willing to pay $130 for it... then you have one money making opperation. Especially if you make yourself a jig that would make constructing one a breaze.

I wouldn't complain paying somewhere around $50 for one.
I'm sorry that you feel this way. Metal fab takes more time that most people think. In some ways making one is easier and faster than setting up to produce multiples. By the time I have all of the jigs and templates made I will probably have 40 hours into the project. It may not look like it but there are multiple contours and angles to get right. I actualy tack welded mine together on my Xterra. I have to reproduce a "roof" in a jig so they will fix an Xterra that is across the country.

Deltaphi216 said:
do you get any glare on the windshield?
There is light on the hood but I haven't noticed a glare on the windshield or hood.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts