Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
on line
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, not legal ones anyways, lol...

some pics from my sunday run, since i couldn't make it to ECXC and knew the X was due for a waxing, i figured i'd get it muddy before the washing and waxing...which i just finished..

entrance to the trail, about a 3' hill....keep in mind everything i've ever seen around this trail are jeeps and they're all huge around here!

and cruising around on the trail

loooooow bridge!

good clearance pic

a pile of rocks in the middle of the trail....i decided to go around, prob. would have smashed the rocker on it

some pics cruisin' around some back roads afterwards

ok, i have to explain.....my job entails research into urban hydrology and ecology, so needless to say when i saw this i immediately thought why was an urban stream restoration practice used in the middle of the forest.....poor road planning if you ask me......

the only time i needed 4 wheel drive what when i got stuck.....on the side of the freaking road.....what the crap!.....

report: tires and suspension were great, the X handled the trail like a champ, tires were awesome! 4 wheel drive was not needed at all on this trail!

damage report: as you can see from one of the pics the two passenger side hellas got pushed back, if you call that damage...and the stereo antenna was knocked loose. that pretty much it, except for the scratches all of the sides, but it was bound to happen!

·
on line
776 Posts
baltimore

So where was the off roading part! I mean I think my little cousin, rides his big wheel on rougher terrain than that... :geek: Just bustin yer balls man, I know there is not much around b more. See if you can find a way into old quad ave. If there is still any access. (somewhere by the old harbor tunnel)!

Also if you go to coca-cola drive on rt. 100 near 295 exit, you will most likely see guys on atv's and mx. There are some descent trails once you get further back in the woods there... Its not exactly legal (I think), but it is an unspoken fact that the cops dont bother you there, they just shut it down for a bit at a time when and if someone gets hurt...

·
on line
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know the area you're talking about, last i heard they blocked it off, not 100% sure thou.

i also know about the other area your talking about, it's right by patapsco state park, never tried to wheel there thou, i'm only in that area for work

·
on line
776 Posts
b more

Yeah yer pretty much F'ed as far as off road around those parts! But, green ridge state forest is only about 2 hrs. away from you! Like I said in aprevious post "about an 11 mi. loop nothing crazy though"... Hit me up if you wanna camp and wheel there on a weekend or something. I know the area real well as I have been camping & hunting there for many years .

·
on line
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i would be interested, unfortunately i'm moving to texas two weeks from today, so today was probably the last chance i'm gonna get to go wheeling around here. but thanks for the offer!!

·
on line
776 Posts
camping

Well let me be the first to give you a nice big fare well, and the best of luck with yer move. Thats a big jump dude, enjoy! P.S. at least you will be closer to MOAB!!!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts