Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
on line
13,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im assuming most of you guys will be wheeling as much as i will, or less. But never the less you will probably want a decent cb in your X. I almost dropped 120 on a uniden or however you call it. Then a trip to Big Lots saved me some cash. They have this Cobra CB for 32 bucks!

http://www.cobra.com/index.php?page=shop/flypage&product_id=417&id=1

I just finished tunning the antena and installing it, well kinda installing it, tonight. I figure for as much as im going to use the thing, i dont need to be spending a shit load of cash on it!

Big Lots...........Its a massive discount store, and actually a pretty good place to get stuff for your cars and tools and stuff. Not expensive at all. But im sure that store to store there may be differences in stock.
Again, im not saying this is the best g damn CB you can get, but why spend an azzload of money on one when you will occasionally use it? And Cobra is a great brand to boot.

Find the big lots nearest you!
http://www.biglots.com/

·
on line
631 Posts
while living in Ogden, Utah... big lots was my second home.

·
on line
2,459 Posts
I got mine at walmart for around $30, same exact model, I like it.

·
on line
120 Posts
mcampana and driver x

mcampana,
driver x is the guy who is going to lift my truck!

·
on line
631 Posts
Re: mcampana and driver x

HRUDU said:
mcampana,
driver x is the guy who is going to lift my truck!
i am??????

I AM!! :cheers:

·
on line
2,459 Posts
mcampana said:
Walmart kicks ass too. What kind of antenna did you use? I just got one of those magnetic ones. Tunned it all in tonight with USMC's SWR meter.
Ditto, I think it cost like $20 from Radio Shack.

·
on line
56 Posts
how big are the antennas? they still use those big long antennas or they come down in size? id be into getting one and dorking it around for a kick. ive always wanted one.

·
on line
2,459 Posts
DodgerBlues said:
how big are the antennas? they still use those big long antennas or they come down in size? id be into getting one and dorking it around for a kick. ive always wanted one.
Oh, mine is probably around 24"-30". Not that long at all.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
DodgerBlues said:
It really depends. The steel whip antenna's are still pretty long, they have to be. A fiberglass antenna you can get from 2'-5' in length most times.

·
on line
896 Posts
this maybe stupid, and I know what a cb does, but why would a person need one (well not NEED one, but we're X owners, we need STUFF) Is there some benefit to having one?? The only thing I can think of is being out on the trail with no cell reception, but other than that, I can't think of anything

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Road trips and Trails.

When you are on a trail run, you can use the CB to keep in contact with others in the group. Some use FRS, but I tend to mis-place them in the vehicle, or they end up on the floor.

When on a road trip you can keep yourself entertained by listening to the truckers and also listen for bears in the woods.

·
on line
1,114 Posts
contenderv07 said:
this maybe stupid, and I know what a cb does, but why would a person need one (well not NEED one, but we're X owners, we need STUFF) Is there some benefit to having one?? The only thing I can think of is being out on the trail with no cell reception, but other than that, I can't think of anything
I use mine to communicate information while on the trail. If you wheel with the "wing nuts" I wheel with, CB chatter is lots of fun.

Due to the terrain, even the best CB won't get out much further than the cheapest CB. If you're gonna spend coin on a system, spend it on the antenna and the cable. Pay particular attention to the wiring/ground. Don't forget to use an SWR meter to tune the antenna.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts