Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
on line
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any opinions on who makes the best AAL and how much lift do they actually give you?

·
on line
3,218 Posts
Some would argue Alcan.. Others would say a local place they trust. ie- Here in PHX there're a couple of choices, Dunbar Spring or Valley Spring. Keep looking around.

·
on line
1,206 Posts
It really just comes down to preference IMO...

·
on line
1,206 Posts
With Alcan and other custom spring makers, it comes down to what you want (Height, Stiffness, etc)

·
on line
3,050 Posts
TXterra37 said:
willgr1 said:
Alcan allows you to specify how much lift you want, how much weight they will need to support, etc.

Last i checked for an Alcan leaf pack with 3" of lift it was $250 per side.
Yep, that's what they quoted me. Deaver told me ~$450 (I think) per leaf pack.
not total?500 a side seems a bit much

·
on line
1,149 Posts
Am i getting this right? If you have a custom 3" full leaf pack installed plus a shackle from lets say PRG, you may end up with about 5" of lift? With these full packs, would you just lower the shackle height to compensate for rake?

·
on line
1,123 Posts
miles said:
kneebuster said:
I ordered some Alcan's this week. They quoted me $240 per side and won't charge me until they ship (3 weeks).
thats a good deal...how much of a lift did you get?
I went for 2.5" of lift + 150lbs. If it settles more than planned then I figured it would give me a reason to add the PRG shackles as well.

xterra3100 said:
Am i getting this right? If you have a custom 3" full leaf pack installed plus a shackle from lets say PRG, you may end up with about 5" of lift? With these full packs, would you just lower the shackle height to compensate for rake?
You got it right.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts