Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a scanner, and it displays all sorts of info... More than I expected, to be honest. One of the parameters it showed me is LTFT B1 and LTFT B2, and STFT B1 and STFT B2. Here's the thing though... I can't find much info on them. I wouldn't usually mind, but mine is showing -0.3 on LTFT B1 and 1.8 on LTFT B2. Is this significant? Does it matter? And what does it mean? Can anybody explain all this to me?

·
Registered
2012 Nissan Xterra S
425 Posts
Long term fuel trim and short term fuel trim. B1 and b2 are bank 1 and bank 2 (each side of the engine). Short term is the reading at that specific point in time and long term is averaged over a period of time.

Many things go into these values but being that close looks good to me. It could be that 1 bank gets more air so it adds a bit of fuel.

As long as all are in single digits, it usually means you are all good.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Reactions: FishCannon

·
Registered
09, lifted, 33's
66 Posts
for the most part you want ltft to be as close to +-0 as possible. for example +10 would be a problem on some applications. i hadmy previous vehicle, mazdaspeed 3, dialed to +-1 ltft. when my fuel pump tanked i saw ltft spike and fuel pressure drop . uprev software can see all of this and tune it for nissans. the tuning platforms for mazda, subaru and evo's were incredible for a joe schmo.

·
Registered
2012 Nissan Xterra S
425 Posts
for the most part you want ltft to be as close to +-0 as possible. for example +10 would be a problem on some applications. i hadmy previous vehicle, mazdaspeed 3, dialed to +-1 ltft. when my fuel pump tanked i saw ltft spike and fuel pressure drop . uprev software can see all of this and tune it for nissans. the tuning platforms for mazda, subaru and evo's were incredible for a joe schmo.
Stft was a giveaway on my mazdaspeed for boost leaks. Had a lot of those lol.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts