Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realize that is a dumb question because most people are set up for more off road than high speed driving, but I do a lot of highway to work and am tired of have bugs permanently imprinted into my paint. So who has one, has an opinion or a photo?

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I realize that is a dumb question because most people are set up for more off road than high speed driving, but I do a lot of highway to work and am tired of have bugs permanently imprinted into my paint. So who has one, has an opinion or a photo?
I run one on mine and love it. That first section of our hood gets murdered pretty fast. The Nissan one fits good and doesn't look too awful.

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
If you can't find one, you could plastidip a section of the hood. Much cheaper than a bug guard.

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
I thought it was nearly impossible to plastidip a section? I heard if you tape it off and spray it will then tear the plastidip. If you try to pull the tape away when wet, it will create and muddy line as well?

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
You have to pull it while its still wet (THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID lol) but I always spray the lines after I'm done then pull the tape off.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I just put a weathertech one on mine. It looks good and fits well. The no screws install was a plus for me. No spots for rust to start.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
I have the AVS deflector . Covers a bit of fenders too. Was like $50 or so . Getting the canadian nissan one was difficult and the owm doesnt cover fenders. The adhesive on the AVS sucked so I used screws.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Installed my Weathertech one today that came in the mail. I don't know why I ever spent a day driving without it. Some vehicles it just looks GOOD on. The X is one of them. I'm hoping it will help when driving to work at 0530 before sunrise.......

·
Registered
50 Posts
The first week on my old xterra I took a rock to the front that chipped to bare metal. pissed me off. Ordered the weather tech that day. It looked really good. Found that it stopped bugs and gravel but was no good versus a deer. I will order a new one as soon as I buy my new xterra.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 20 of 23 Posts