Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
on line
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Removed one the easy way with a snowbank...but all the snow is gone and i got 3 more to get rid of. Took the screws out of one but cant seem to get it off. There's a rivet or clip i cant seem to get out. Whose got the secret?

·
on line
1,716 Posts
The clip on the bottom is the "pull the center out and it contracts so you can pull the rest out" kind. As you look at it you will see two small cutouts in the outside edge, insert a small screwdriver into one of the cutouts and pry the head of the clip straight out, once it is pulled out the clip should be able to be pulled out.

·
on line
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys....This will be done tomorrow right after work and my nap.The X looks better witout them and kinda funny wit only 3

·
on line
3,484 Posts
MCampana and I did a how to on this but not posted yet!
There are Two center pin style clips, One you get from under looking up on the back and one is like behind the wheel with the screws. Pop that center pin up with something that might poke a hole in your finger, Then get something flat and hard and put a lot of pressure on it from the inside and push hard. The screws can be got with a Angle or flex screw driver.

MC

·
on line
358 Posts
As seen on another thread http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tz9MMc-I98s This is one way, Maybe not the best. I removed ours after only a few days. I didn't want to damage the body WHEN we catch something. They are pretty rigid because of the scoop design.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts