Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

Who Built my 2007 Xterra Off Road / Overland Build

9K views 35 replies 11 participants last post by  Lextal 
#1 ·
Just bought 2007 off-road its a complete overland build. I have included pics. I would love to get so,e build details and service history. Home build, shop built? Suspension manufacture? So many questions. Any help would be amazing. I will add more pic through the week.

See less See more
#2 ·
With that build, I can almost guarantee the owner was/is on this forum.

Looks like a solid setup. Shrockworks front and rear bumpers, titan swap, body lift, 33 inch Duratracs.

Take some glamour shots of the undercarriage and suspension and we'll be able to give you a more definitive assessment of your new X.

Welcome to the forums and congrats on the new Xterra!

#4 ·
With that build, I can almost guarantee the owner was/is on this forum.

Looks like a solid setup. Shrockworks front and rear bumpers, titan swap, body lift, 33 inch Duratracs.

Take some glamour shots of the undercarriage and suspension and we'll be able to give you a more definitive assessment of your new X.

Welcome to the forums and congrats on the new Xterra!
Thanks for the info, I am job to off-road. I just posted some more pictures. PLEASE keep the info coming. I know nothing. More pics coming tomorrow

#14 ·
Looks like you have a Smittybilt XRC winch, likely the 95000. Also looks like you have an on board air setup (evidenced by the blue nipple on the front bumper). Take a picture of the engine bay and we'll know for sure. Need better pictures of the front suspension setup, but you might not be titan swapped. Definitely a 2 inch body lift though.
Auto part Vehicle Bumper Car Automotive exterior

#9 ·
Hard to see the number on the badge thingy but apparently the numbers were unique to members

#24 ·
start by pulling the codes.. i wonder if the cats need replacing.
Named my rig LeXterra (my name is Alex) shop told me a bunch of crap. I am going start fixing the easy stuff my self and take it to an off road shop. The shop for a final seal of approval. I took it to a shop that used to be friends with people that built monster trucks and others people that built all the motors for Indy light motors. Found out the shop was sold years ago and kept the name, now I don’t trust them with my rig. Anyone know of a good shop around Dayton, Columbus, cinci, Ohio ? I know how to wrench but some of this off road stuff is new to me. I may be able to do all my self with help from all of you amazing peoples help.

#19 ·
More pics , yes, I bought this rig with every light on the dash, ABS, Check engine Ect, what’s that part sitting on my front seat?

Attachments

#21 ·
Those look the Nisstec coilovers, with a top spacer in the front: NissTec Adjustable Coilover '05+ Frontier & Xterra

That's also an interesting rear helper spring setup, normally, it's just shocks in the rear. I have seen a few people use that coilover type setup in the rear, though. I'd ditch that, if you cherish wheel travel at all, and get some proper leaf springs and shocks. Also, I'd take a look at your wiring rat's nest in the engine bay, it could lead to future problems.

#25 ·
Mine just threw a P0420. It was sitting for a while. I bought a tank of good gas, some FI cleaner, and flogged the crap out of it for about 100 miles. The light went off on it's own. Sometimes, you just need to get the cats good and hot if it's been sitting.

#27 ·
Your Optima battery looks great, good brand, but is getting old, you might get an issue at the worst possible time.
I started carrying a jump starter 10 years ago, because I had an episode when AAA had to come to rescue me - there was some walking involved too.
Also I have a plug-in voltmeter that plugs into the car socket, to see what the voltage is, which is not a complete picture, however, things change when you put a load on it (like starting the car), but if that voltmeter shows 10 Volts I know the car won't be starting.

The guy brought what looked like a PAC jump starter, so I got my own since then, the 2500 and 5000 versions, big heavy 20lb clunks of hardware that should be charged several times a year at home (I try to do it monthly).
A new generation of Super-Capacitos, like OzCharge for $200 are a light alternative which don't have a battery but rather gather/store energy even from a weak battery, and give that same battery a kick to start. And they work for 5000 jumps like that.
$135 for PAC 5000 jump starter by the way, but there are lots of questionable/unreliable cheaper alternatives.

#28 ·
thanks for the recommendation $135 is not to bad. I was going to look into a second battery located in the rear of the truck but it looks like everyone is using jump packs to run there 12v items at night and as a back up. I need to check the date on that optima for sure.

#29 ·
I never had an Optima battery, they may be good for 5 years but what happens when they are not. Or something drained it overnight accidentally. When remote you want to make sure you start.

My batteries last at most 2 years, usually closer to 1 year. I trickle charge them ($75 device) to help with the lead acid memory developing from deeper discharge than normal - my heavy use of stereo/laptop/phone/electronics with engine off. And cold and hot temperatures effect batteries, like 120 hot and -10 cold.

dual batteries complicate things, you need an isolator electronics to switch between the 2, and where is enough room for a second one? You’d have to move things around the hood. If anyone has photos of dual battery setup in Xterra, that would be great to see.I wouldn’t put a second camera inside the cabin, but others have, near hatch door.

I don’t know what Optimas do near the end of their life, my Napa batteries show corrosion at positive terminal and drop voltage slightly (without load) and eventually can’t start with very little engine-off electronics usage.

#30 · (Edited)
The Boost Pac I have about 10 years of experience with, and 3 week, 2 month, etc trips, and they never let me down. I replace them after 5 years...or if they let me down even if I know I charged them recently.

• it’s a big bulky tall standing 20 pounder, but for me it was the right tool. I want to get the $200 750amp super capacitor box from OzCharge that can charge from even 3-5 volt car battery (super weak) and give the car a 750 amp boost. I would still bring t PAC 5000 for backup, but with to me and many boosts phase PAC 5000 out because it is bulky. And after a few uses (ideally every use) it should wall charge for 12 hours, can’t do that on the trail. Even though I have (3) connected power inverters (all 400 watt),i Never tried to charge PAC 5000 while driving. Too many other things to worry about on trips.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.