Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
on line
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! Currently I have 285 50 tires with 20 inch rims. I ve had the same look for about 5 years. Im tired of the bumpy ride. What specs for these tires would ensure me the aggressive look I desire and give me a comfortable ride? Like it was when it was stock.

·
Registered
236 Posts
lol I know a guy that has those same rims with that size on a jeep wrangler RUBICON of all things! needless to say, he doesn't go off road. I doubt he even knows his jeep came in 4x4.

and, I am with chris. why go gangsta when you can go....functional?

·
on line
10,980 Posts
If that's the setup he wants, then ... :dontknow: ... it's his money to spend, right? Don't be caught off guard, though, that setup will cost quite a bit ... I'm guessing $2,500 by the time you're said and done, but I haven't priced the wheels or that size Toyo.

The tires are Toyo Open Country MTs. Expensive - especially in an 18" size - and quick(er) wearing for a purely street tire, if you're diligent about rotating you might get 40k miles out of them. They're available in 275x65r18 (at 32.3" in diameter this is probably closest to stock size, but with 18" rims), 275x70r18 (33"x11"), or if you want to go a bit bigger and aren't afraid to trim where needed then you could try 285x70r18s (34"x11.5").

·
on line
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mines is a 4x2. I use my xterra for bringing in inventory for my business. I do not off road. Money is not really an issue, the current set up I have our 20 inch kmc jacks and five with nitto tires. Thank you for ur positive input skibum.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have 18s and a set of 16 steelies... if u offroad 16 if you got the skrilla get the big boys in 33s. Or u can be like me get the 18s then get the steelies. And btw heavy heavy heavy in 18s...

·
on line
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ride quality solely based on rim size to sidewall ratio? Or is it purely based on rims?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Ride quality solely based on rim size to sidewall ratio? Or is it purely based on rims?
there are way too many factors that go in to ride quality. the tire type is the main one. beings those tires are mud terrains, you aren't going to get the best road quality out of them regardless, but, if that part isn't an issue, then the next best thing to do is have the most amount of mm from the edge of your rim to the top of your tire, aka the ratio. the bigger the ratio the smoother the ride for the most part.

example: 275/65/r20 (although big) will ride smoother than probably a 245/40r20

^that was purely an example, so don't say it doesn't exist in that size I didn't check first. but the point is still valid.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts