Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently running a shrock cover on my M226, but I have the option to pick up a rocky road outfitters titan diff skid. I understand that the titan one has the front housing slider and I have to drill mounting holes through the axle gussets, but how much ground clearance would I be losing and is it really that much better?

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I want the Rocky Road one but I have been waiting for more testing!! So buy it! :D

I saw it on the Beast and it does stick out a bit but I don't think you loose much clearance unless your diff is tilted from extra lift. Even then it didn't seem like much. I was worried about extra leverage if you dropped on it but I think I worry too much.

I might pull the trigger soon. My shrock one is showing a lot of wear.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I thinking about just taking the dive and picking it up, if I don't like it I know someone will take it off my hands. cough cough Kieth cough... I am worried about clearing the rear sway bar, I do mostly hwy driving and would like to keep it on there. But I think this guard means dropping it.

Oh well I like to live dangerously...

·
on line
3,673 Posts
Interesting timing, just got of the phone with AC and thinking about ordering their rear diff skid found here

https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/xterra-rear-differential-skid-plate-p-6086.html

Sorry for the tread jack...Besides the structural difference are there any performance differences between RR rear diff skid and AC rear diff skid?
Don't do it. That rear diff skid is the worst quality I have ever seen. I ordered one and was completely appalled that they would send something out that looked like that. All of the edges were rough cut and looked like crap. Also, it took a lot of bending a tweaking to get it to fit. Eventually I just ended up going with a BTF cover.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 9 of 9 Posts