Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
on line
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get a bug deflector for my X, but there are so many to choose from. Which one should I get and why?

Auto Vent Shade - Bugflector II
Auto Vent Shade - Hoodflector

Lund - Interceptor Bug Deflector
Lund - X-Terminator
Lund - Avenger

Weathertech - Bug Shield

Nissan - Bug Shield

The price for these is all over the board from $50 to $90 but I want to get the best one in funtionallity and looks. Also, I dont want to drill anything for the install. I would prefer to use the factor holes in the hood. Smoke color of course.

·
on line
1,574 Posts
i went with the nissan OEM one from the dealer. its great. went on in about 10 mins. no drilling. ran about $66 i believe. looks awesome too, you can barly see it unless ur right up infront looking from the side, its tht flush.
this is seriously one of the best mods you could do though. great investment.
best of luck with your search

·
on line
1,716 Posts
I have the Weather Tech shield and I'm very happy with it. It wraps around the front corners to protect the fenders a little. Someone did point out in another thread that the wrap around might pose a problem if you are wheeling in tight quarters and have to reverse.

·
on line
294 Posts
i had the nissan one on my frontier. fit was good and install was easy (no drilling) but it stuck out too much on my truck (any of them would really), so i went with clearbra instead.

on the x's, they dont look bad tho, on any color truck. go with the nissan one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts