Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Short notice but I was looking for some input about bars in the downtown Chicago area. I am going to Chicago tomorrow for some training and will be downtown tomorrow night and was wondering if there are any good beer bars in the area? Something that will have a good selection of microbrews and imports. Hope to hear from you in time with the short notice. Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device

·
on line
8,599 Posts
There is the Haymarket brewery.
http://haymarketbrewing.com/
Right downtown on Randalph just off the highway.

A little up on the north side there is Kumas corner. It's a amazing heavy metal burger joint. Great burgers and music! With a nice microbrew selection.

Also there is a place called Beer Bistro.
There's 2 locations. One downtown and one just on the north side.

There's tons of places.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
98 Posts
Does Goose Island have a bar downtown? I would guess so but cant say for sure. Also, depending on how much time you have, Munster Indiana, which is about 45 minutes or so from downtown, has a micro-brew with a bar called Three Floyds. They have beers that win major awards around the nation.

·
on line
8,599 Posts
Meh. 3floyds is good but they are getting very big headed. The past few times I've been there they have been getting very cocky. No reservations and u will wait over a hour for a table. You also have to wait outside. They do have great food and beer. But it's not worth the BS.

Goose Island does have a bar/restaurant but its pretty expensive. I haven't been there though.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
46 Posts
I love the beer bistro. I lived in the west loop for 5 years, and that was our main hang out. There are a bunch of bars in the river north area of downtown too, depending on where you will be. If you're driving, anything west of the highway (west loop) will be much easier to deal with.

·
on line
1,082 Posts
There's the Pour House in Old Town, which has a very large beer menu, but I have no idea how there food is, as I don't remember eating there.... Post up where you're going and a time and a few of us may join you, if you're looking for some company. Also, if you drove to the city and want to bring microbrews home, there is Capone's on Elston just north of Addison that has a good selection of micros.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well my night in downtown Chicago was a blast. After eating at Giordano's my cell phone died so I didn't quite know where to go. So we were walking around and someone on the side of the road said "Come in to Rossi's its the best bar in town" with a laugh. Stepped in the door and realized it was a dive bar and we fit right in. At about 1 am a person we met told us to come with them to Streeters its another dive bar and it doesn't close till 4. So we went with her. Wow what a night. Never thought I would see Jenga at a bar, but it was fun. Got back to the hotel at about 5:30 am took a little nap and caught the shuttle around 7 so we could make our flight back. Hopefully I get to make this trip again next year for training so I can check out a couple more places.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts